Hi, i got my apico lordotic view and it says apico lordotic view confirms presence of minimal ill defined infiltrates in the left apex. Consider inflammatory versus infectious etiology? WhT does it mean? Thank you so much!

Hi Guest,

You need to discuss this with your doctor.  They've seen your x-ray, we haven't.

In general, from the apicolordotic view they've determined that you have some inflammatory process going on in your lungs and NOT an infection.

It could be from something you've been exposed to - inhaled.

So it means im sick or positive in PTB?

When u say inflammatory on my lungs it means i might have a ptb? Or what? Thanks!

Inflammatory, something is causing an inflammation - not an infection such as PTB or an illness.

Smoking can do this. So can breathing in dust or other fibers (asbestos maybe?).

Talk to your doctor.

Thank you doc for the reply, but my doctor requested to have a sputum test to make sure that is not ptb, because before year back 2011 i was took meds for ptb in 6 months but i am totaly cure, she was thinking if the problem is ptb, that's why i am really scared, hope is not,

So doc do i need to go any meds incase? And do u have any idea how long will be?

Your doctor is your best resource here. We haven't seen your x-ray and know nothing of your past or current medical history. Based on the report you have an inflammation of the lungs and it is not due to an infection. It could be due to something you have inhaled. It may be related to a form of asthma. You may be prescribed drugs to help you breathe.

The sputum analysis is a good suggestion when you are not sure as to the cause. Your doctor wants to rule out an infection.

X-rays, while a valuable diagnostic tool, can NOT always diagnose a problem.

Thank you so much sir for replying my concerns really appreciated, now at least i can stop over thinking, anyway tom. I will start the procedure for sputum induction because i have no cough so i can't release any plegm,i will back you soon sir incase the result of plegm is ready, Thank you again! God Bless

Hi medic Dan, may sputum test result was negative., thank God!, so i wanna know do i need to take a med for the iflammation? and do you have any idea how long it will be?