I am a cyclist and I would like to like to strengthen my skills in other sports. I am interested in perhaps getting more into swimming and maybe eventually competing in triathlons. I am curious if anyone knows the standard length and time of a swim session it takes to compete in a triathlon.

I too love to swim from time to time. But only as a hobby and not sports. I think a good swimming instructor will be able to tell you all those points in detail.

There are 4 standard length of triathlon. The shortest distance the swim lweg can range from 200 meters to <1500 meters and the ultra -
Ironman is 2.4 miles which must be completed in 2:20.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hello there,

Since you have got your answers I was wondering have you started with practicing swimming yet.

I swim as a recreation and I am doing this for years. I love water and the fact that swimming is the only sport which gets involved all groups of muscles. I love this sport so much and I am very satisfied with the fact that it has been helping me to stay in shape for years.

Now I am thinking of adding some other exercises as well. Do you have some recommendations? I would appreciate your answer very much. Thank you in advance.  

i only do as hobbie but a good teacher will tell u