All my usual running routes are covered in water. :(

No, but running in the rain will make you a happier runner.

I think this is how Triathlons got started.

How much water?

Do you have rainboots?

Well, if you have to swim, at least there is no chlorine in this water. You won't dry out your hair... (god help me I am evil today).

PH - I don't mind running in the rain, however I hate squishy socks and
heavy shoes.

SC - I don't have any rainboots. :( wouldn't they be a bit awkward to run in?

Kristin - my hair is already a frizzy mess because of this weather , but at least there is no chlorine to ruin the dye job.

We're under a tornado warning again. Too bad I drove that heavy ol' truck to work. ;)

Yeah, I think running in the rain is OK, sometimes. But if you have to do it more than once or twice a week, it gets a little ridiculous. And imagine putting on those wet, soaking running shoes on the day after? Gross..

I saw people run on highly unusual places. So I guess little water cannot do any harm.

I'd really like to know what those unusual places are. But maybe you didn't say it for a reason. Who knows? LOL
Trail Running Blog

The Question was "swimming may improve running" ???
YES, up to certain Point.
1.- Swimming will improve your cario capability A LOT.
2.- BAD NEW: For Runner only, happens that the runnung muscles are tought, hard , ( not relaxed), Swimmer muscles work more relaxed.

SO IF YOU are thinking in TRIATHLON.. the answer is YES, SURE