My (probably) final duathlon of the year is coming up on Sunday and I'd really like to do well in this race.

The only time I've ever shaved my legs (for a race or otherwise), I placed 4th OA in a duathlon.

Do you think it's worth it to shave again?

No, but I can't bring myself to start shaving my legs.

What would the benefit be? I have always wondered why a lot of cyclist do that.

No. For a tri, I could see it as it would make the wetsuit easier to peel off. For a du I can see a few minimal benefits like keeping you a bit cooler, making it easier to slide into a crash (and have no hair torn out), and making wounds easier to clean. But unless you're a Sasquatch I can't imagine it would save you a significant amount of time. You won't become Aerodynamic Man.

YES.... Just the sight of the muscles is enough to tell the competitors you mean business.

Part of the race is won or lost just by your appearance at the start line. Shave clean and look ready.

Sheldon

:1: I've got to agree with it. If I let my leg hair grow out, I DO have "Sasquatch legs," as elkid says. I find the biggest benefit is it's not as hot. But I do also like to see how cut my calves really are under all that hair.

if it makes you feel faster and more competitive go for it. personally I remain with the wooley mammoth look year round, makes me standout at triathlons

good luck

Yup, Look fast, Feel Fast, BE FAST!!!!! I've been shaved for 5 years now and have no intention of being hairy leggged till i'm old.
Do it, Dew it DU it

The reasons probably vary from rider to rider. But it sure make massage alot easier :D .
If cyclists are getting regular massage (especially weekly or more) then shaving means they are less likely to suffer from folliculitis (inflammation of the hair follicle) which can be a problem with some massage strokes eg friction massage. To avoid folliculitis I use more oil or wax on hairy legs, and this can place some minor limitations on the work I do.
Being professionals, we don't mind hairy legs at all, but that said, we'll love you for shaving :D .

But unless you're a Sasquatch I can't imagine it would save you a significant amount of time. You won't become Aerodynamic Man.
Hey, Don't talk about the male members of my family like that! :D Actually I don't think it will help much unless you are swimming and that is only because people say it helps. I swim about as well as a log so I am no use for commenting on that aerobic exercise.