I have a dilemma. I like cycling, but I also like jogging. I do not know which one to choose. I hate these situations when you have to choose between two things you like. What would you recommend to me? Cycling or Jogging – What does more good? Thanks for your help.

I know what you mean. Nobody likes the situation when you have to give up something you like in order to keep the other thing you also like. However, why choosing in the first place? You can have your cake and eat it too, in this case. You can both, cycle and jog. On say, Monday and Thursday you cycle and on Tuesday and Friday you can enjoy jogging. They are both good exercises and unless you plan to become a world-class champion you do not have to devote all your training time to just one of them. Many people enjoy the benefits of two or even three sports. Therefore, you can do it too.

I think they're both fun to do but then again, I've never competing in a cycling contest. Racing on the other hand is pretty fun, so I would have to give running the edge.

Trail Running Blog

Running is more fun, IMO. Plus, you don't need additional equipment. Just a pair of shoes and an open road. ;)

I am for running :D

I agree with torque about not needing any additional equipment, so you'll be saving money and according to others, have more fun!

Trail Running Blog

Both are great IMO. They are very different as well. It's really a personal preference. I've done plenty of triathlons. Swimming is the worst!!

cycling can lead to impotence. I know it too well.
I vote running.

Seriously?

yeah. It depends on how flexible you are, and the ergonomics of your bicycle, and the position of the blood vessels within your particular perineum...but the potentially intense forces on the perineum can damage the blood vessels and nerves which relay blood and sensory information to and from the penis. The perineum is the bunlging area between the scrotes and the pit of stinky darkness.
blood vessels, when adequately smashed, lose their protective inner coating, get inflamed, and become less flexible (among other things). It can be a very big deal; Personally, I didn't know what it was like to feel especially turned on until AFTER puberty finished. I basically had no sex drive. Tell your kids before they take cycling too seriously.
The first sign of ensuing damage is burning pain in the perineum area.

Hi Ahmad,

Both running and cycling can be invigorating in their own ways.

Personally, I find that a mixture of the two adds diversity to my training workouts which keeping things fun.

When training for a marathon, I do a series of cross training exercises to work different muscles while giving my running muscles a rest.

Remember, just being active is great. Do the activities that you love and the enjoyment will follow!

Jogging burns more calories, but is jogging fun? No. Therefore, biking is better. QED.

Yea, that's my view on it as well.
I use cycling as a supplement like that too, keeps you moving, gives variety and rests the lower legs. And I weight and cross train for extra performance gains.
Running is my main thing, for sporting reasons, but also because I find it more exhilirating and natural than cycling.
However, each to their own, what ever works for you. Any consistent cardio activity is very beneficial.
Having said that, didn't know that cycling can potentially do that to your trunchen. 8O

I personally like to mix in cycling when my body needs a break from running. Cycling is lower impact and my body can use a day off from the blacktop every few days.

I find that since I started running my cycling has improved, as far as my cardio is concerned. My husband is a huge bicycle racer (road/off road) and he has noticed a change as well since he started running too. Can't say cycling helps out our running, but running definitely helps our biking.

It is hard to choose what to do, but we try to alternate. Plus the weather helps decide what we want to do whether it's windy or rainy or cooler/hot. Base what we want to do on those conditions.

You don't have to choose one or the other, do both and feel great!