Do you think that swimming is a good vehicle for letting out the accumulated aggression? I know that maybe martial arts are better for that, but I like swimming and sometimes I just feel as if I were about to burst. I think that water has a soothing effect on mind and swimming is a very laborious sport and the level of stress and aggression can be significantly reduced.

I suppose that you’re right but I don’t know whether your motives for taking up swimming are right. I mean, it is probably true that swimming can reduce the level of stress and aggression but that shouldn’t be the leading idea when starting with it. People usually start swimming either to shape up and stay fit, or to lose weight or just because they like that sport, but stress and aggression must be treated separately and you can’ expect that swimming can completely eliminate them. You can try, but don’t expect to feel relaxed and calm only because you swim. Relaxation is one of the positive effects of swimming, but it’s not the most predominant one. Think about it and combine swimming with some kind of therapy.