did anyone else hate this putrid class as much as I did?

i hated changing for it, especially in mid winter.
i hated getting in that water, especially with waist-length hair
i hated diving down 12 feet to get that stupid stick
i hated walking out on that 14 ft. high board and jumping off
and i really really really hated getting re-dressed after it, in like 10 minutes.

i can still remember pulling the skintight jeans on over wet legs in order to make it to stupid kids' alegebra on time.

my poor son, he tells me this morning -- I HAVE SWIMMING TODAY. :umno: packed his towel and bathing suit and glued on his canula so the water doesn't release it -- i mean i paint him with this adhesive.

I STILL HATE SWIMMING IN SCHOOL.

i am a good swimmer. but i did not learn to swim in freekin' high school.

why do we have this?

so, did you hate swimming in school too

We didn't have a pool at our school, so I didn't have to endure that. That does sound pretty horrific. I was on swimteam though and really enjoyed that, but our 2 hour practices made the whole process worth it and I had a lot longer than 10 minutes to get dressed afterwards (dressed being shorts, tshirt and flip flops just to run freezing to my mom's van).

That does seem like a lot of work for probably 40 minutes of swimming...can't say I'm jealous... :umno:

soory, that was my favorite. I wasn't all that good at it, but I took it anyway. there were some very cold monday mornings in there as I recall. my first year at the HS we were allowed to choose from a few options each 9-weeks. I always took swimming and only the lifeguarding course was difficult. the next year they changed it and required us to do different activities each 9-weeks.

Never had it - none of the public high schools in Green Bay did. However, the Catholic High School had a pool, and they had swimming classes. And they had to swim buck naked. Anyone else hear of this kind of monkeyshines? And there was a school in suburban Chicago that, until recently, would not let those taking swimming bring their own suits. And they didn't swim in the altogether either. Yup, they HAD TO WEAR THE SUITS FROM THE PREVIOUS CLASSES. Imagine having class last period - a whole day's full of other people in the suit, and there was not the guarantee the suit they gave you that day would fit, either. 8O

Didn't have swimming in high school, but did in college.

Does every university have that BS story about the trustee's (or very important alum.) daughter who drowned so, therefore, all undergrads had to take swimmin?

GET THIS...
I lived in Florida and our High School had NO POOL! What's up with that? It does now.

The running joke was that our pool was Lake Brantley (the lake behind our school and what it was named after).

I would have hated it back then though. We never had enough time to change for our next class as it was.

I'm suing my alma matter since Swimming was not an option for us. I would have preferred that to field hockey or archery. Or at least that's my story now that I feel deprived of a well balanced education. I may have turned out to be a life guard instead of a teacher.

Didn't much care for swimming in jr & high school, but I love to swim. We did have to wear school suits, but oddly enough they had enough suits for all classes, so we never got stuck with a wet suit from the previous classes. Or maybe they dried them every class? Never gave it much thought until now, thanks! They were probably navy blue at one time, but had faded over the years to a dusky/powderish blue. Not that attractive, but could've been worse (like swimming nekkid! yipes!)

I went to three different high schools and not one of them had a pool. I always wanted to take swim classes because it's the one sport I thought I might have a chance at, but no luck.

All three of these high schools were in Texas, too. Go figure.

Didn't have swimming in high school.
:1: My hometown was so small that if anyone had a pool in their back yard, they were considered rich.

No pool at our school so no swimming classes.

Gretriever - buck naked and/or sharing suits, man that ain't right.....

We had a pool in Middle school and High school. I swam for years. The school supplied the suits (you didn't have a choice on this). They were black and bleached daily. there was always a clean suit. I just hated smelling like chlorine all day. There was always one or two girls who had green hair from swiming. 8O

:wavey: That was me for a few summers.
Blonde hair+ Chlorine= Green, shiny hair.

no pool at my HS, actually did not learn to really swim until 3 years ago, really would have like to learn competitive strokes in HS, definitely would make me a faster triathlete.

:1:
That's just WRONG!!!