Ok so I am looking into a Masters swim program but I have a some questions.

I wear contacts and am blind without them. If you wear contacts how do you go about swimming? do you wear them under your goggles? if so are they comfortable, do they seem to dry out quicker? did you go the prescription goggle path? Do you recommend one style of goggle over another?

What type of suit do I need? I don't think I should show up in with my beach shorts, but I am not doing the speedo thong either. :umno:

Jammers - they look like bike shorts, but don't have the pad.
/available in floral patterns, too.

/available in floral patterns, too.
Do you have the girl's pink floral goggles too? 8O

prescription google :teehee:

Oh, and do I need a swimming cap?

no

I always wear my contacts while swimming. The doc always lectures me but whatever. He does strongly recommend you time them to be replaced after an open water swim ie. triathlon becuase of the the potential of trapped bactieria.

Do you keep a spare set at T1, just in case one gets slapped out?
I've never swam with mine in, and I'm doing my first tri this fall. I'd like to wear them, rather than wasting 15min by my bike trying to get the damn things in without a mirror.

That depends on the pool. Where I swim (actually every pool I've been to in Japan) requires a swim cap. It is always best to check with the locals if you are unsure of proper etiqueete and/or requirements.

Yes jammers are the best way to go.. That's what I use =)