I was on yaz birth control for about 6 months. I decided to get off them becaouse i gained alot of weight, had too many mood swings and swollen ankles. My ankles got so bad my doctor wrote me a script for compression stockings. I have been off the pills for about a month and my ankles are STILL swollen. I do everthing the doc say's exercise, limit salt intake and elevated my feet and they still seem to get swollen. My questions is how long will it take for my ankles to get back to normal or will they ever get back to normal. Or is there something else I can do or take to get my ankles back to normal?

Hello, I know you wrote this a year ago but I am curious my ankles are swelling too I was on yaz for years took a break for a year went back on it but suddenly the past year on and off my ankles are swelling also I've had every test done except an mri even blood work everything is fine even sodium I try the socks too.. Did you ever figure it out? I'm wondering if I should stop taking it I just realize how bad they have gotten and sometimes they get so swollen one ankle hurts probably from swelling pushing on a nerve or some sort.