I just realize now my ankles swell up because of muscle tightness constricting my blood flow to and from my feet and If I do yoga exercises where I stretch my arms upward and put a lot of tension on my legs, this causes my ankles to swell up afterwards. I realized this after I had physical therapy for a frozen shoulder. My upper body got much better as the therapy progressed, but my ankles got swollen and painful as a result of the arm and shoulder exercises.

My ankles are swollen and painful, but they get better when avoid foods with a lot of salt, especially Chinese food. I love Chinese food, so I eat it anyway. I avoid the soups, which I think usually have the most salt and I also tried to cut down on salt at home. I make a lot of my own soups from scratch, so when I have time, I'll make up a big batch in the crock pot and freeze them. In this way I have a convenient meal at a future date without a lot of salt.