Two weeks ago I had a sever throat infection which got so bad that my neck and head would ache, it took two weeks for me to feel completely better. Now a week after I think I am better my knees, ankles, and feet are extremely swollen and they have formed bruising all over theses areas. It is also very painful.

Can anyone Help me!

Have you found any answers about your swollen feet, ankles & knees?
My daughter has had a similar experience.

After a throat infection-particularly strep throat...the strep can get in your bloodstream and settle in your joints. Get that checked out very soon! I am not a doctor but an RN.BSN and my sister had this problem as well. She was sick for quite sometime with it and needed multiple antibiotics to clear it up!

I posted the last post about HSP. If your child has sore throat or infection, and then develops painful joints with or without rash abdominal pain, blood and or/protein in the urine explore that it could be HSP. It is rare but needs to be diagnosed especially if your child participates in sports as they will have to sit out for a while as it is dangerous to risk a blow to the abdomen. It is rare but can happen, acute renal failure (kidney failure) so this needs to be diagnosed. Tests needed to obtain diagnosis: throat culture, urinanlysis, blood work for inflammation and kidney function. Patient may have fine sandpaper rash to upper trunk that may or may not happen with strep throat. Rash to knees and lower extremities that when pressure is applied does not change color. That looks like blood spots under the skin. I am a registered nurse in bone marrow transplant and my son received this diagnosis when I took him to urgent care and then his peds doctor. His symptoms were: joint pain to ankles mainly with swelling, sore throat, ear ache, fine rash to his chest. His strep culture came back positive and urinanlysis showed blood and protein in the urine. I do not remember what medications were prescribed to him but he recovered with no other recurring symptoms. This can cause reoccurances. I feel that my son's outcome was a quick diagnosis with his pediatritian who had seen this before. Good luck for anyone who has these symptoms. I hope it helps.

Nodosum erythema. sorry i saw this post a year later :(