I had suregery on Aug.14,07 on my spine. They removed disc #7. I did fine for a couple of mos. Ever since then, I started having the severe neck pain again, pain going down both arms & hands. Then about 2 1/2 mos ago, my feet & ankles swelled up. I didn't know if it was because the doctor had put me on Lyrica for, what he diagnosed as "nerve damage"?, or we flew to Orlando dor a wedding. So, the Dr. down there prescribed a "water pill", ro help with the swelling, which really didn't help at all. Here it is going into January & I am still experiencing the swollen feet & ankles & leg & feet pain. My dr. that did the surgery put me on Neurontin, it has helped a little with the pain, but not the swelling. Alsoa couple of weeks ago, t=on my right foot the big toenail has turned almost entirely black & now the same thing with the left big toe! (this is so embarrassing!) I don't know what do, if I should go back to the surgeon that did my surgery, go to my family doctor or some other specialist?? What does it sound like to you? I know you can't diagnose over the web, but I need some infor so that I can make a decision on who to follow up with this. It's really worrying me, I've never had anything like this before.

hi keli...
I had back surgey on march13, 2008 for a fusion (L5-S1) and decompression. For the last 4 weeks my feet/ankles have been swollen and very painfull(also turning red/dark). The reason why i'm replying to your post is:My surgon sayd I had some nerve damage ,and now I'm on Lyrica and it is not helping, Lasix has NOT helped at all. Neurontin made my swelling even worse, and like you I have NO clue why my feet swell up like this. Did you ever find out why you have all these symptoms? If you did, would you tell me what you found out please? Thank you so much!!
Monika

4mth ago i had an operation to fuse my foot no weight bering for 8 weeks in cast then in boot for 4 weeks hostital says it has not worked as i am in a lot of pain it needs doing again is this his fault or smthing i have done i cannot face going though this again as i am 70 and i have now got a painfull back and siatica what should i do please