lI AM A HEROIN AND METH USER I HAVE BEEN RECENTLY HAVING PROBLEMS WITH SWELLING OF FEET AND ANKLES WHEN I WAS CLEAN I DID NOT HAVE THE PROBLEM. CAN YOU TELL ME HOW DANGEROUS THIS IS THEY ARE REALLY SWOLLEN. :cry:

I don’t know about heroin but methadone does cause fluid retention, which results in swelling of the extremities. Many other medicines have the same effects as well as many other underlying conditions.
Do you get the occasional swelling or you have swollen up and are still swollen?

You didn’t say if you were male or female but if you got pregnant, you could be suffering from fluid retention.

Avoid sitting or standing without moving for prolonged periods of time, stretch your legs often, don’t wear restrictive clothing, exercise, lose weight if you are overweight, get off these drugs!!!!
If they are still swollen, you need to see a doc to determine if there’s an underlying medical cause.

If you don’t get rid of the swelling soon and if it remains for too long, your skin may break down and you may experience chronic skin changes, skin ulcers, and infections.
Other long term effects are dependent on the cause, so is the treatment. If there is a liver, heart or kidney diseases then it could lead to serious disability or even death.

Just had to point out to the answer above, I believe he was talking about methamphetamine not methadone which is I believe a narcotic given to patients who are addicted to opiate painkillers. But anyway I too am experiencing swollen hands, fingertips and toes which become raw and painful, swollen and blue or black ankles tht hurt if on them too long, and sometimes wrists and feet while using meth alone. I believe its due to trapped blood due to constricting of blood vessels which is caused by meth. I would personally like to know of treatment for these symptoms especially the ankles for they hurt bad sometimes.

is there treatment for this?

No , because meth as a whole , anyone using it gets treated like the black sheep of the family. It's frowned down on and the only advice given to people is to seek treatment , and get off. That piece of advice is the equivalint to being handed a spoon when you ask for a saw , ... trying to cut through the base of a tree. It's cheap , pathetic and downright neglectful and lazy on medical professional and other types of help.