I have a friend who told me his doctor diagnosed him with laryngitis. Moreover, he explained to me what this is. He said it should be an inflammation in the vocal cords in the larynx. Now I would like to hear what you could tell me how to recognize this disease, or tell me which laryngitis symptoms are. I would appreciate anything, because there is not much that I know about this rare problem.

Laryngytis is inflammation of vocal cords, as your friend told you, placed into larynx. This disease has many causes, and some typical symptoms. For example, laryngitis is characterized by a weak, hoarse, gravely voice, sore throat, often fever, and cough. This cough is usually dry and nonproductive, as well as tickling in the back of the throat, and difficulty swallowing are symptoms reported by patients. The most common cause for laryngitis is a viral infection. Usually, laryngitis is self-limiting, and like a cough, laryngitis may hang around after the acute infection is over. You can recognize this disease by noting that the fever and ill feeling is over, but that the hoarseness may continue for several days to a week or longer after this. Laryngitis is often seen among singers, politicians, auctioneers, and cheerleaders. They sometimes loose their voices because of their activities the same some of us like to cheer at a game. Environmental causes such as smoking or being in an environment with second-hand tobacco smoke can also cause this problem called laryngitis.

i have had larengitis since december and have seen 2 drs and they have given me a inhaler antibiotics and cough pills and none of this has helped i feel exhausted and plain wore out and for the last 3 weeks have had a severe pain on the left side around the ribcage i thought maybe that was from coughing but if i lay on that side i feel like crying is there something my doctors are over looking?

I had it when I was younger. I´m now 13, 4 years ago it stopped. One time every winter I could not breath and I got fever.. Directly my mum and dad and I would go by a car to the hospital. There would they take me first of all other patients and give me a inhalator and a shot. It helps after about 5 minutes. It was awful, when you got larengitis you can not breath, if you not hurry up and come to the hospital in the right time you can die.. You got it mostly on winter when it´s full moon.. I don´t know why, but it´s something in the air that makes it more difficult to breath.. That´s how I fell and what happened to me.. %-) :O