I’ve been suffering from gastroparesis for years now and my GI doctor has managed to make it possible for me to start eating, however since my bowels were used to liquid/ soft diets all the time, I’m now having severe problems with constipation. So that’s why I got a prescription for linaclotide (Linzess), but I’m not quite sure it’s supposed to work this way -

I get up in the morning, take my 145 mg dosage and then I can’t get far from the bathroom because I have several bouts of diarrhea. The same thing happens if I take the medication at night.

try to take the medication 30 minutes before eating breakfast

Same for me. I have gastroparesis and have taken everything. This does work but takes 1/12-3 hours to work. Bowels are soft after 2-3 movements it's done. I get nothing if I take it at night. The 290 dose really gives you the runs....

I was on 145 and found it was too difficult on my system (severe diarrhea), my GI doc cut it to my dose to 72/day. Made a huge difference.