My friend was just diagnosd with gastroparesis. Now she has a fear of eating and is wasting away to nothing. She has seen at least 25 doctors, psychiatrists, and has had a million different tests. She feels sick to her stomach all day and all night . It is going on 4 months. PLEASE if anyone has any info about this condition, please write.
She was fine until the day she had three teeth extracted by an oral surgeon.

Hi, I feel horrible for your friend! I have had gastroparesis for over two years now. Mine started with food poisoning, actually! But I spent the entire first 16 months in the hospital. (Well, in various hospitals because doctors got so frustrated with my condition that they told me never to return!!!) I was forced to see psycologists, and was told it was "all in my head" or that i was just annorexic or bullemic. It was AWEFUL. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy! There is a Gastroparesis diet (just google that) and if you follow this very strict diet, it does make life a little easier. Your friend will still go through "Flares" of this disease, where the pain and vomiting is so intense that there is nothing you can do but go to the hospital. When I personally have these flares, I vomit literally every seven minutes for six days straight! I didn't even know this was humanly possible, but it is. So there is no option but to go and get re-hydrated by IV fluids. There are lots of Gastroparesis websites, and support groups on the net. But until you find a good doctor, one who will listen and not tell you that you are crazy, it is hard to live with.
Best of luck to your friend!!!