I was finally and officially diagnosed with gastroparesis last month even though I've had it for years now. I don't have insurance at the moment, so I'm not taking any specific meds.

The problem I’m currently having is that everything is making me feel sick... Even plain and bland foods!

I've tried the liquid diet, but the smoothies make me nauseated almost instantly. Right now I feel dizzy, achy, light headed, my head hurts, my tummy hurts, and I'd rather lay in bed all day. I'm not sure if I should go to the ER or not... I feel pretty malnourished. :/ I have felt like this for a couple of weeks now and I'm not getting very much, if anything at all,  in my body. I just don't know what to do anymore. Help?

even though nausea is one of the lingering symptoms that comes with gastroparesis, especially if you frequently experience heartburn and acid reflux, it can be controlled with both medication and diet. Diet here plays even bigger part than the medications, so you were trying the right thing with soft or liquid diet, but I'd definitely recommend you to go to the ER - if you havent already.

You are at risk of being completely malnourished and exhausted, so an IV is definitely a must, just so you can get your strength back,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole