My friend was diagnosed tumour on left breast few days ago. She is still waiting for the results of the biopsy, but she suspects that it is going to be cancer. I have read something about specific anticancer drug that is used especially in treatment of breast cancer, called tamoifen. I know that sometimes cancer can be cured with the combination of chemotherapeutics, radiation and surgery. Please tell me something about tamoifen. Thanks in advance.

I’m very sorry to hear about what happened to your friend. Don’t lose your faith, it is still not diagnosed that it is cancer. Tamoxifen is used in addition with radiation therapy after lumpectomy. Tamoxifen is antiestrogen drug, it takes place of estrogens and that way blocks its action. It stops cancer to grow and can prevent development of another cancer in the other breast. Effectiveness of tamoxifen depends on the age of the woman, type of the cancer-hormone dependant and has been shown as very effective. Some say that tamoxifen made breast cancer curable. I have a friend that had breast cancer and now is completely healthy, and part of the therapy took tamoxifen. Hope that this gave you hope.