What are the treatment options for carcinoma of tongue like and what is the prognosis?
My friend’s husband is 58 years old and recently was diagnosed this disease. She lost faith that he could be cured, although doctors didn’t. In fact, that cancer still looks like i.e. herpes on tongue, lesion that is localized in an area of 1 square centimeter. Is there hope for patients with this type of topical cancer?

There is usually combination of treatments used in therapy of tongue cancer. Surgery can be performed, radiation therapy and chemotherapy, depending on stage of the disease. I have a friend that had cancer on tongue, it occurred as small bleeding pink lesion. It is one the most common types, squamous cells carcinoma. It was removed surgically and all that left was small scar. I know that it is not always successful like this, but the point is that it can be. It is also important if tumor is spread on lymphatic tissue. Early diagnosis always means bigger chances for success in treatment.