Hello, my doctor had prescribed me Testim gel, 1 tube per day that provides 50 mg of testosterone. Is it true that only 10 is the actual amount absorbed in muscle? Can it shut down my natural production of testosterone? I am sick of needles and injecting, terrified of scars from a needle and I would like to try with gel.

Hi there! The Testim gel may increase your testosterone levels and sex drive off course, but probably suppress your HPTA. If you are worried about restoring levels of testosterone after discontinuation of using gel, look into PCT. Remember, your HPTA testosterone levels and sex drive are not the same thing, but they are very closely related.

What is an HPTA Testosterone level?   What is HPTA?

Hi there,
I really didn’t use Testim gel (I am a female so there is no chance for me to use this gel) so I could not tell you my personal experience but I can share some info that I know about Testim gel. If I am not mistaking the best absorption of Testim gel you will have if you apply it and then wait for at least two hours before you shower. It is also important to apply the gel by yourself. You mentioned that you used needles so try to avoid applying gel over the scars where you injected the needles. There are some side effect of this gel so be careful when you use it.
All the best,
Danella