What is a normal range for 3rd generation tsh? Should this be a standard test? How can an MD use the test results for treatement? How is it different from other TSH tests? How do you inteprete a 3rd generation tsh reading of 19 and a regular tsh reading of 6 on 88 mg synthyroid?

Thank you.

Hi there, I'm not sure if I have the answer right but I thought that the normal range is in 88 mg but I'm not entirely sure. Does anyone else have an idea?

Hi there,
If I am not mistaking here THS stands for thyroid stimulating hormone. Is this right? This hormone is responsible for the regulation of the levels of thyroid hormones in the blood. Also it is responsible for regulation of calorie absorption in our body. I think that newest studies showed that normal range is now between 0.3 and 3.0 mlU/L. What have your tests showed? Do you have any abnormalities that might indicate alleviated hormonal levels? The 3rd generation TSH assay allows the measurement of thyroid-stimulating hormone at very low concentrations. This is also known as ultra-sensitive TSH. So as you can see it is all about accuracy of the test for thyroid hormones.
All the best,
Danella