I am posting this for my mother (but not on her behalf :)). My mother is 60, suffers from redness on the skin and of course has some wrinkles. She heard about this celltone line, which uses snail gel, and is now convinced that she should be getting this to regenerate her skin and come out looking 20 years younger. 

Of course, the first thing that comes to mind is, this is a scam. Is it? I mean, skin care products can use some pretty disgusting ingredients, things like urea and placenta, but snail gel? I guess it sounds exotic enough to turn into the next big fad. 

Anyway, my mother generally has compulsive buying tendencies and I thought I'd check if anyone here can debunk the snail gel thing before she gets this too. 

Thanks,

Emily

I just finished reading a bunch of reviews. That stuff costs $399? Wow. The claims are:

• Celltone will cure acne
  • Celltone will get rid of scars left by previous acne
  • Celltone prevents and cures stretch marks

I haven't seen anything specifically relating to reducing wrinkles, so you could just tell your mom that that product is not meant as an antiaging product. The reviews are pretty grim. Some users say it did absolutely nothing for their skin. There is no evidence that snail gel does much of anything for the skin. I have rosacea, and I did read that Celltone is bad news for people with that and any other skin condition.

Perhaps you could convince her to get a sample somewhere before committing to spending an insane amount of money?

No idea what happened with the formatting there. It didn't look like that when I posted.

NOTE: Celltone snail gel DOES NOT COST US$399!!! It's an international product sold all over the world, especially in Australia and South Africa, and you need to check the price in US dollars.

I have used it and though the consistency is not something I prefer, it does make my skin look awesome and yes, it does reduce wrinkles and tighten the skin in addition to being good for pimples.

One thing you need to be aware of is that fake versions are being sold all over ebay so yes, that part is a scam. Look at the ingredient list and make sure it is the same as the real thing or just buy it from an authorized seller and then you will be ok.

I big puffy heart LOVE Celltone. It is NOT A SCAM. It is a very unique product across the cosmetics industry. What other products do you know that use Chilean snake gel? I know of none. Snail gel is not the only thing in there though, there are also plenty of other things that are good for the skin like vitamins, glycolic acid, elastin and collagen. Those are pretty typical ingredients in any anti-aging product and that is because they are proven to work. My skin looks better with Celltone and it does not cause any side effects that I have noticed. I am saying that as someone who has breakout prone skin, so that means something.

I'm not knocking this or anything, yeah, but I was curious so I browsed a bit. What comes up for me is that it's being sold in Australia and South Africa as well as on Amazon for a much lower price, like $16 in US dollars or something? Then when you read those reviews on Amazon people's saying that it doesn't work at all and that it isn't the real deal. Which is odd, 'cause I thought Amazon would be a place that'd only be selling legit stuff, you know? I'm in the UK and I had trouble locating any type of official website for them from here. Is there any such thing? From what I've been seeing around, yeah, I admit that it doesn't really make me feel like I wanna trust it or anything. 

Hiya, Being the curious gal that I am, yeah, I went looking around and saw that Holland & Barrett are selling one too, called Dr Organic Snail Gel Cream. They say it's got aloe vera, shea butter, cocoa butter and argan kernel oil in there as well as snail gel. The reviews are pretty good too, lots a people saying they really like the cream. The price is £19.99 with some money off for the whole Black Friday thing today as well, actually. So actually, it seems like snail gel isn't that original after all, which actually makes me have more trust in it working too, you know? Fascinating concept... there's nothing people won't put in skin creams, yeah? :)

From what I have read, the use of snail gel goes all the way back to Ancient Greece. Hippocrates prescribed snails to people :). Snail gel locks moisture into the skin, reduces dryness, and punches wrinkles out of existence. I think copper peptides are the main ingredient in snail gel that helps reduce inflammation and wrinkles. Because some people are allergic to snail gel, you should always spot test it on a small area of the skin before you start using it on your whole face. Other than that, there are no issues. There are many snail gel products on the market besides Celltone, but not, this is very bona fide and not a scam at all.

I've obviously got too much time on my hands or something... found myself reading more about snail gel by Dr Organic. According to an article in the Daily Mail, using this gel can take six years off your skin in four weeks. There's also an eye serum, a face mask and other stuff. The snails are apparently kept in humane conditions. Get this, they say the snails are given a hormone that makes e'm wanna mate, and then as they find their way to their new snail partner, they leave their slime all over the glass plates which the company puts 'em on... and that slime is then first made into a powder before it's added to the cream. So it ain't actual snail gel what's in there, but snail gel powder. OK, so that makes the ick factor go down quite a bit for me. 

I have the Dr Organic one which I bought just because I was intrigued with the concept. What can I say? It smells awesome and not at all like I was expecting, a bit lemony. It felt oily on the skin the first time but I have since reduced how much I apply at a time and it makes my skin look awesome. It is plumping without being drying. My routine is to apply it at night only because to be honest I don't like the way it makes my skin look while it is on, but then I wake up with beautiful skin. I am still on the first one but plan to repurchase. So, is Celltone a scam? No idea. But snail gel is not a scam.

What kind of skin types is snail gel suitable for, then? I'm in my thirties with dry and sensitive skin. I don't have pimples or blemishes but I do have beginning wrinkles and sometimes puffy bags under my eyes. I'm looking for something that keeps my skin feeling supple and perhaps to reduce those wrinkles. Is snail gel an option for me and which one should I get if it is? Also, weird question perhaps, but because it is an animal product, how likely are you to be allergic to snail gel or to get a bad reaction from the cream?

Thanks in advance for your help!