Hi! I was wondering if anyone here had a (valid) opinion on soy foods when you have PCOS? It's impossible to get a straight answer out of anyone, which may be due to the immensity of the soy industry.

Is it alright, or even beneficial, to eat relatively whole soy foods when you have PCOS? I have low weight, am vegetarian, and am on "YAZ". Part of what is causing the PCOS is insulin resistance (despite being about 105, 5'4"), so I feel that soy would generally be beneficial due to its high protein content.

I know that soy isolates and drugs are highly questionable when you are PCOS, either because they increase your estrogen too much, or because they interfere with hormone drugs (who can say, really?) but I was wondering if anyone here had any real information?

I would think a reliable study would get considerable attention, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway.

Thank you so much!

The reason that women with PCOS have such high levels of testosterone is that the excess estrogen gets converted into testosterone. We really need to work on decreasing the amountt of estrogen we're adding to our bodies, and work at restoring the balance between estrogen and progesterone. most pcos'ers are actually estrogen dominant.

Soy increases estrogen and in its unfermented form is bad for you in other ways. Please see the following website for details of this

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/index.html

You could also try looking at related articles on Dr. Mercola's website.

As a wpman with PCOS, it's taken me a while to find the answer to this question too!

westonaprice.org/soy/index.html

As a woman with PCOS, it's taken me a while to find the answer to this question too!