Hello. I am the mother of two teenagers. Sadly, my cute boys are covered in acne, as was my husband in his younger years. I don't want them to go through the same hell that my husband did and I am really hoping to find a gel, spray or even tablets, as long as they do not have any serious side effects. I heard about duac gel, and it sounds great because you apply it directly to the skin. I think duac gel is likely to be of milder variety. Is that true? Can someone perhaps tell me what the side effects are of duac gel? You would make me very happy with your answers!

Puberty is always puberty – your boys’ acne will go away in a few years. In the meantime, Duac gel is one of the last weapons in dealing with acne. There number of over-the-counter treatment that could help them and its always recommended to try these firs. Duac gel is a combination of an antibiotic and an antiseptic – they destroy bacteria on the surface of the skin and prevent acne from forming. But, Duac is very strong when it comes to drying skin. Besides possible further irritation or peeling of the skin it can also cause stomach problems, like diarrhea.