Back in Jan. or Feb. of '06 i came down with a severe chronic cough. I was hacking up phlegm, when i layed down i could feel one side of my nose stop up. At times i would have a runny nose, sneezing, and i will wake up on occasion sounding stopped up. Also i was coughing so hard i was vomiting. Sooner or later i noticed a bulge below my waist. I went to the ER and it was diagnosed as an inguinal hernia.

I had it repaired in April of '06 and a week or so after the cough went away. In May of '06 i took up smoking and was smoking a good bit. Then in Sept. of '06 i woke up with a sore throat and stuffy nose. Later the sore throat went away and the cough set in. I later found out i had CMV which can cause a mono like illness. Well, i have been coughing for 4.5 months now with phlegm, runny nose, and coughing so hard i am vomiting at times.

Also, when i run my chest gets real tight on my right side. It's a sharp pain and will not go away unless i sit down and stop moving. Could all of this be asthma or what's going on... any ideas?