so this is something i would normally not do but i felt like i should ask someone.
i am 17, female, i have been suffering from constant tiredness and a constant headache. my headache is not normal really it's like at the base of my neck and feels like i need to lift my head up to release the pressure. this comes with headaches by the temple and forehead. When i wake up i have the headache and am extreamly tired. i manage to get around 8 hours of sleep a night, so that should be enough. my right ear rings at random times but more than usual. i have had tachacardia once with my heart but none of the test showed anything wrong. they included electrocardio grams and stress tests, holster monitors, and lastly a sonogram of the heart, i forgot what it is called. the only weird istance that i have had over the past years is i have felt very dizzy at different times. the dizziness almost makes me pass out to the point of my feild of vision going away and having to support my head up. this has happened around 5 times over the last 3 years.
if anybody has any idea to how anything is connect i would appreciate the help thanx

I have very similar symptoms and also have high blood pressure though I'm older than you are (35). Please respond if you've gotten any responses!

Do you worry a lot? I get an ache in my neck and a tight band around my forehead when from when i wake up, and it continues in varying degrees throughout the day. For me i believe the problem is anxiety. Worry is causing me to tighten the muscles in the back of my neck, reducing blood supply to my brain, which causes drowsiness, and makes it very hard to concentrate. The forehead pain is more of a pressure, a feeling like if i drilled a hole there i could release the pressure. Kind of like having belt strapped around your head. For me it is all anxiety related.

Do you work with computers a lot? My husband has all the symptoms you have mentioned here. Neck pain, ringing ears, feeling dizzy. All these symptoms were because of an inflamation he had in the dural (something that surrounds your vertibral column) near his neck. The cause for this injury was not having proper ergonomics while working on the computer. He also has carpel tunnel along with this.
He had to take an MRI to figure out that the inflamation existed. Later he was administered an Epidural shot. This gives temporary relieve for 6 months to a year, sometimes more than that. Now a days, he is taking Homeopathy medication which is giving him lot of relief.

Be sure to rule out intracranial hypertension it's more common in overweight females and if left untreated could lead to a gradual loss of site.

Ask a doctor.

I am 24 years old and I had a series of strokes when I was 21. They began with me feeling head rushes, even when I was sitting down. I would get them more and more frequently. When I got them, I would get a euphoric feeling, like I was drunk. I couldn't keep my balance at most times, and I often walked crooked with a wall as support. They didn't last very long (about 30 seconds to 1 minutes) I didn't really think anything of it, but they kept happening. One day the vision in the lower part of my right eye went black. I thought I should sleep on it (I was pretty freaked out at this point, I didn't consider many options) I had one of the worst headaches I have ever had and a fever. When I woke up the vision was still gone. I went back to bed for an hour or so, then woke up and my vision was back, but it cut out at points. I went to the walk in clinic and as soon as I mentioned the vision loss they sent me to the emergency. I got a CAT scan right away and then an MRI. It turned out that I had damage in my neck (one of the vertebral arteries was damaged) and it was sending clots upstream to my brain. I was very lucky because I did not get any permanent physical damage, but some of my brain was damaged (as seen in the MRI pictures, but I guess I didn't need that part because nothing really changed from my point of view...at least I dont remember that anything changed!) The doctors don't know why my neck was damaged, but it could have been sports, stress on my neck from using a computer, or cracking my neck (I used to crack my neck like people do with their knuckles) So...if you think you might be experiencing these things, maybe you have a damaged artery? But please keep in mind that all a clot is doing is blocking blood to your brain-and everything else which can cut off blood supply to your brain will have similar effects, ie: inflammation, stress, blood pressure, pinched muscles, etc. Also if it has happened for 3 years, I doubt a clot would go unnoticed. Go ask a doctor, keeping in mind what it could be, and ask as many questions as you can. Best of luck

All the symptoms you mentioned line up with TMJ. I woke up one morning with headaches, ringing in the ears, a dizzyness and spent two months gong to doctors, sinus doctors, until I finally read an article about TMJ and went to a TMJ specialist that took one look at my teeth and said, yeah... you got it bad.

Do you know if you grind your teeth at night?

If so, you need to be fitted with night guards.

Your should also see if there is an Atlas Upper Cervical doctor in your area that can re-align your atlas bone in your neck (using a sonic hammer). That will cut down on your headachesk ... if you find one that knows what they are doing.

Hi -
I have been going through the same thing for a year -(palpitations, weakness, exhaustion, dizzziness, pulsing/ringing ears, and along with it terrible headaches and mysterious joint/muscle pain) and have finally been diagnosed with hypothyroidism.

Even though the initial hormone tests (TSH) were in the "normal" range, one smart endrocrinologist did additional tests and then started me on natural supplements (I did not want animal hormones) to encourage my thyroid to produce at levels that were optimum for my well-being.
What a difference it makes.
I had really been suffering, and now am steadily improving.

MD's had wanted to put me on anti-depression meds; if it doesn't sound right to you...don't let them do this.
My suggestion is, check out all the info you can about the thyroid, then if you think it's worth trying a supplement and a MD won't help, try going to a Chinese Medicine clinic.
Hang in there - don't give up!!!!

sounds like a sinus/middle ear infection try Azithromycin antibitic .. the ringing may persist but the headaches and dizzyness should go away

Quite disturbing.

For years since a car wreck , ive been getting that where my ears ring, extremeties go numb sight goes black and i get dizzy as hell. I attributed it to what i was doing at work the first time it happened. I was handeling closed containers of powered draino.

This leads me to believe its something much more dangerous. Strokes, blood clots, or perhaps related to neck and back damage.

This post scared the hell out of me. Think ill finally bring this up to a doctor. Thanks for all of your time.

I agree

Have you ever heard of Meniere's disease?
Not sure if I spelled it correctly, but the symptoms you're explaining sound similiar.
Regardless, if you haven't already, pls have your symptoms examined by a doctor. I would mention to him Meniere's if all your other tests have come back. It's commonly confused with Vertigo, TMJ, anxiety and depression, thyroid issues (easily checked with a full complete blood panel check).

Hope this helps some!

Hey,
I'm a 14 year old girl and have recently been feeling really fatigueed. Im constantly tired and get really bad neck pains which make it feel like my head is too heavry to support. I tend to get headaches and after doing sport i get really faintish and feel as if i am about to be sick. My ears sometimes hurt out of the blue. Anybody have any ideas what is going on?
I am planning to visit the doctor next week but if anyone else has experienced this is would be really useful to know...
Thanks

Hope you have gotten some relief by now but I have to tell you this sounds a lot like my daughter. She was diagnosed with something called POTS. it affects the automated functions of the body, including blood pressure. It is more commen than you would think but not many doctors know or understand it. The easiest test is to take your BP and heart rate. Both sitting and after standing for 10 minutes. If your heart rate increase by 30 or more you probably have it. Now the hard part is finding a doctor. I found a link on youtube to a Dr. Fischer at the Mayo Clinic and have emailed with him a few times to confirm some of my daughters symptoms. (search "POTS Dr. Fischer and you will find him) Also here is a link to a local doctor that started specializing in it.
***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed
The good news is that greater than 50% grow out of it by their mid 20's

Get well

I'm going through the same thing. I have been diagnosed with migraines by a neurologist. I had an MRI and CT scan and it showed nothing, so I went on inderal for a few years and it helped, but now off of it b/c it caused major gastric reflux issues. I am 31 and have been struggling with dizziness, headaches, and syncope all my life. I had thyroiditis (hyper) when I was in my 20s, and whenever I have issues I get tested for that, but it's normal now. Right now my symptoms are fatigue, headaches, dizziness, severe syncope, shortness of breath at times. I took a tilt table test to see if it was orthostatic hypotension (my blood pressure runs low) but it did not reveal that. It did reveal v tach however, so now I am wearing a portable telemetry unit. I had an echo and that was fine. I have no idea what it is - I've been tested for thyroid, adrenal, electrolytes, Menieres, and nothing came back positive. To make things worse, last night my right ear started ringing and has not stopped. It actually woke me up last night it was ringing so loud. I go back to the cardiologist on Monday, and I am hoping he has some answers, but after a lifetime of this, I'm not so sure. I do have problems with stress and anxiety, but have been on meds for that and it just exacerbates my symptoms.