Hey, I'm 15 and I've been on my period for about 4 years now. I tend to get the thick brown mucus stuff like a lot of people have described quite often recently and I don't know why at all. I'm still a virgin so it is pretty much impossible that it's due to sexual reasons. However, I'm almost always stressed and ill so it could be something stress-related but hey, I'm no doctor so I don't have a clue what's up with me. As far as I know, I'm not allergic to anything and I've been off my period for about a week now; although I have had times before when I've been on my period 3x in a month-something that the doctor said was caused by stress.

But yeah, it's thick, brown and sticky and I had to throw away my favourites panties today so I'm really annoyed. I've been ill for a few months now but this brown sticky mucus has only happened quite recently. I've not been eating a lot but I've had a limited diet for about 6 months now (on a diet, see) and I do do (heh, doodoo xD) a good amount of exercise everyday.

Anyway, should I see a doctor regarding this?

Cheers x

What I've found helps with this is on the day it starts happening have baths or if you have a *slightly* (not extremely) high pressure detachable shower head, just make sure everything up there is cleaned out, you may find that you have some harder discharge come out that resembles a membrane type texture, once that stops coming out generally I find it stops happening. I do sometimes have to repeat this the following month however when I get my implanon in if I follow this procedure it only sticks around for a couple of months at best.

From what my doctor has told me it's commonly caused by inflammation of the cervix, after the Implanon or other hormonal birth controls start working they clear your system of all previous hormonal discharge, you may experience very minor period cramps or slight pain during sex, once the body is clear generally it stops. Cleaning up there thoroughly is the only way i've found fixes the issue. 

As for the lady who was recently pregnant, please consult your doctor as it can be caused by cervical cancer and that is very serious and should be checked out asap.

I need to get rid of this brown discharge TODAY I am on the pill. Recently changed the pill I was on to a different one as I thought this would help the discharge to go away but it hasn't .. Please help

It is just old blood. Blood turns brown after the oxigen and nutrients are gone. Sometimes that happens even in place of periods! So you have have been having your period all along. But I would get it checked out by an ob/gyn just to be sure

I'm terrified too