Hi, my mother suffers from anxiety for several years. She is constantly on some medications, and it seams to me as she lost her hope. She has many bad habits, and I believe that some of them worsen her anxiety. Can you tell me from your experience which things make anxiety worse?

Hello. I know exactly how your mother feels. I sometimes feel like there’s no hope for me. The anxiety is torturing me for many years, and some things really do make it worse. I am trying to avoid them, but it’s not always easy. For example, lot of caffeine makes me feel much worse. On days when I drink lots of coffee, I feel like I’m filled with negative energy, and it makes me take more medication. Beside coffee, there is one thing that makes my anxiety even worse, and that is daydreaming. It wouldn’t be a problem if my daydream thoughts were nice, but they are not. I feel like I’m falling asleep, but I’m still awake. In that moment, all the terrible thoughts start crossing my mind, and I can’t control them.

I've known that feeling all my life... Its almost impossible for me to plan things for the future because i work every good and bad detail over non stop till it pushes my anxiety beyond what i can handle. I remember back when i was in elementary (before the overwhelming emotions develop alongside anxiety/anxiousness) I would watch the clock and pace counting the large tiles once i had finished anything i was doing.

If coffee makes you have more negative energy stop drinking it, you can get all the energy you need from a diet change. vegis/fruit/fish/oats/wheat based products non processed food, organic fruit and nuts are expensive so I don't know if you could afford them but the lack of pesticides is worth it. I never knew when i was younger that bell peppers were sweet and i never really cared for them until i tryed the organic kind.

cut beef pork and milk from your diet. any time you buy juice it will almost always be filled with lies. straight pulp juice i very expensive and normally not readily available in regular food stores.

stear clear of energy drinks as they contain uppers that haven't been tested enough(that's almost all of them)

and always know that big business would gladly feed you poison if they could make a profit and get away with it legaly they just don't care as they spread lies as truth, opinions as facts.

Ahh i've enjoyed rambling i hope someone finds this interesting. Be sure you check out the china study since its the 1 in 100 that's actually true and not just selling you products (besides a book if you don't wanna go online)

Stress i believe is a key factor for most mental health problems. The problem is, just about anything can cause stress in one form or another. Keeping away from negatively stressful situations usually helps IF you know what the trigger of the stressful situation will be.

Also, trying to keep a healthy body with a good diet and plenty of exercise helps in reducing stress, thus reducing anxiety... Usually. Sometimes certain mental disorders can make that somewhat difficult to achieve such as disorders that cause strongly negative thoughts.