Hi there,

My friend knows about this forum so she recommended me to try my luck and see if I can get a response to my question about my anxiety disorder, so here I am.

I have anxiety for about two months now. I heard somewhere that there is a way in which I can avoid feeling anxious in the very morning which would be very helpful, I don't really have to start feeling anxious at the very moment when I get up. But the thing is, I don't know how to do this. Does anyone here know how to avoid feeling early morning anxiety?

Hey Jimmy,

Morning anxiety is surprisingly common. It has no clinical definition, but most people define it as anxiety either immediately after waking up, or anxiety that tends to build over the first hour or so upon awakening.

Morning anxiety is incredibly stressful, because it tends to start your day off on a negative note. You'll have some days where morning anxiety fades as the day wears on, but often you'll find that when you start your day with anxiety, some type of stress or anxiety persists until you go to sleep.

I think that you can just try to change your morning routine, it should do the trick.

Hello everyone,

I am quite new here and hopefully, I will be able to help some of you with anxiety or depression since I've been through all of that and I know how you feel and how hard it can be.

Stopping morning anxiety involves several important things like breaking the connection between the morning and anxiety, reducing your fear of the day ahead, changing your routine to make the morning less stressful, and stopping your daily anxiety and stress.

Remember, most morning anxiety comes from your mindset over what the day is going to be like, and from your stresses that occur later in the day. That's why the following are all useful strategies for preventing future morning anxiety.

Hi there,

Thank you for your replies, I wasn't very optimistic about getting responses, to be honest. 

I understand what you mean EatingBoss, it is all in my head, right? When I know that I am going to have a long and boring day at my office, I just can't be in a good mood. From the very start of that day, I get anxiety and it lasts for the entire day, until I go to sleep. I'm going to try the things that you wrote, it is hard for me to change my mind just like that and think about something positive, but I think that I can do it.

Positive thoughts are just one of the way. A lot of the people are dealing with the anxiety when they wake up. That become really common in people. But trust me, starting your day with anxiety off was never easy like is today. You really need to find yourself something that is going to cheer you up every morning. I don't know about you, but in my case that is a good music. I have one song that I turn on when I wake up and my day is amazing than. Don't think about some bad things, think positive. That is the way. 

Hey. It is very important to understand the morning anxiety as well. Once you understand it, you are going to be better in trying to beat it. I think that the morning is the “best” time for anxiety because when the alarm clock rings, you wish that you can just crash it, right?

But one of the reasons why you have those early morning anxiety is a blood sugar. Maybe your blood sugar is very low, and that is why you need to find the best way to optimize it.

If you don’t know how, consult someone who knows what to do.

Maybe this is not the reason in your case, but it is worth of trying.

Hey there Jimmy. And the rest of you. I was wondering what have you tried to stop it? I have one friend who was hating whole world when she gets up from her bed. I mean, I think that we all do hate it, but she was really such a big hater. At least, we believed it until we found out that she is dealing with morning anxiety. But she didn't want to give up and she was fighting. She learned to get up one hour earlier than before, she turn the good music that is really relaxing and she was lying in the bed almost one hour. Maybe this can work for you. 

Hey there. Trust me, that is not so easy to handle. I know, I am telling this from my own experience. I had horrible morning anxiety whenever I woke up. I have tried to heal it with the music, but I didn't have a lot of good sides of it. I tried to do some good things in the morning, but still - nothing was that helpful. So I have decided to talk to my doctor. And you know what has helped me? Only therapy with the medications. Nothing else. It is not shame to admit that you are dealing with the problem, it can be very bad if you don't seek for the help. Medications and talking to my doctor on the daily basis helped me a lot.

Hey. Well, it definitely depends on what is the cause of your anxiety. For example, my very good friend had anxiety every morning and he didn’t have idea what the cause was. Well, very soon he find out what is the cause – look, some people are drinking coffee first thing in the morning or they eat fatty foods as soon as they get up in the morning. Well, in case if you didn’t know, this can lead to a feeling of anxiety and it can make you feel more stressful than usually. This is very common. It is very important to avoid bad habits, habits that make you feel this way.