I have been getting really wrinkly in my forehead, or I should say, everywhere is getting really wrinkly, but especially my forehead. I have been thinking about getting botox in my forehead, but I am worried about side effects because botox is a toxin, after all! Does botox on the forehead have any effects that you know of?

Botox and Dysport are commonly used for the improvement of lines and wrinkles. I’ve used Botox for my clients for 15 years and have been very pleased with how effective it has been. Meet with a qualified specialist to learn about the details about Botox and Dysport.

Dr. Prasad, M.D.

Hello there augusta600,

My aunt is using very expensive anti-ageing and anti-wrinkle creams and she is 54 years old and she is still not thinking about Botox or any other chemical which is helping in correcting lines on the forehead and under the eyes.

I believe that you need to take a little bit more care on your face or even change the cosmetics you have been using until this moment and start with some other and if you see that nothing is working than maybe try Botox.

Once you start you will need to go regularly and if you have nerves, money and time for that than it is your choice. Either way I am for the natural way and no matter how hard we are fighting we can’t escape the old age. 

Is Botox safe? I'd just advise you to look around for stories about people for whom Botox injections went totally wrong, from ptosis (a drooping eyelid) to hearing loss/deafness! Botox injections go well and have the intended effect with no side effects most of the time, as long as they are administered by truly qualified medical professionals. Most of the time doesn't mean all of the time, though, and even though it is unlikely, these things CAN happen to you!

It only seems reasonable to consider that possibility in advance. Like you say, Botox IS a toxin! Let's not forget that!