Hello! Is there anybody who can tell me more about thorasic disease. I couldn’t find anything on the subject in general. Thank you for all replies!

Hi there! I honestly hope you meant thoracic outlet syndrome ( tos) which represents a group of distinct disorders associated with compression of nerves and blood vessels in the thoracic outlet region. The most typical signs are pain in the neck and shoulder area and numbness and weakness in the arm/hand. TOS can be caused by variety of factors like trauma to the shoulder/neck, postural distortions, congenital anomalies (cervical rib and band syndrome) as well as a variety of other neuromuscular disorders. Also people who work at the static positions could be at great risk. Treatments are done in order to relieve the compression of the nerves and blood vessels, control and minimize pain, and improve the patient's overall quality of life. Treatments include physical therapy, postural training, muscle strengthening exercises, and heat treatments with ultrasound. Drugs may be used to control pain. Surgeries are the last sanctuary. Well, I hope I managed to give you a general idea about the TOS.