I am diagnosed with Morton’s neuroma, which I had to accept. Anyway, my illness doesn’t progress better, so my doctors didn’t know what to do. On my last visit he recommended me Botox. Since I know barely anything about Morton’s neuroma, I know even less about Botox. I would like some info about those two to try to understand my doctor’s trial to help me.

Morton’s neuroma is the most common cause of localized pain in the third interspaces. These diagnostic tests produce good indications of the condition. The podiatrist commonly palpates the area to elicit pain, squeezing the toes from the side. Then you should feel the neuroma pressing a thumb into the third interspaces. First of all and X-ray should be taken to ensure that there is not a fracture. MRI scan is used to ensure that the compression is not caused by a tumor in the foot. It also may determine the size of the neuroma and whether the syndrome should be treated conservatively or aggressively. I guess your doctor done all this, and tried with some treatment. Botox is also used to treat Morton’s neuroma, beside many others ways to relieve the pain. Botox is popular non-surgical injection that temporarily reduces or eliminates pain. Toxins of Botox blocks the nerve impulses, temporarily paralizes the muscles that cause problems.

Southward, could you please advise if you decide to go ahead with the Botox if it worked? I've tried everything and will be seeing a physician late June to also discuss Botox. I've had the surgery didn't work along with everything else I've tried so this will be the last hope for some relief.
Good Luck.

First i am sorry you are in pain from your neuroma. I know it is a very painful condition. Over 34 years I have treated thousands of people for it.

I can't comment on botox, but i do know that the neuroma can be caused many times by what is called a Morton's Toe .

good luck

Sorry your are hurting, I have treated thousands of people for neuroma over 34 years.
I know nothing about botox, but i do know that a Morton's Toe can be the real missed cause of your neuroma. check out it has agreat section about neuroma and how a Morton's Toe can cause it. also has geat info about the neuroma.
by the way are you seeing a podiatirst
good luck

Dr. Burton S. Schuler,
Panama City fl

**edited by moderator**

Hello Dr. Schuler,

I have morton's neuroma and would like advise from an experience doctor. What would you recommend for a patient who has tried alcohol and cortisone injections AND ligament release surgery (exactly 12months ago)?

I was considering cyrosurgery but have read very mixed reviews about that procedure.  Also, I have read that alcohol injections should be given in succession, several days apart, which I have not had. 

I am in my 20s, and a former fitness competitor and this condition has COMPLETLY sidelined me. I cant even walk through the grocery store without experiencing the painful side effects 

Any advice you have would be much helpful. :-)

Hey,
I just read your note and REALLY hope for your sake and mine that you got some relief with Botox. I am in a similar situation...only two surgeries to release the ligament without success. A guy who makes my orthotics ( the only way I can walk) suggested Botox yesterday so...I'm checking into it. It sounds like it will give relief and have to be repeated as it is not a cure. I don't care if it allows me to be more active again.

Does anyone know a dr in new York city that uses Botox for neuromas?i would be so appreciative.

Do you know anyone who uses Botox to treat neuromas. I would travel anywhere.

Does anyone know a Dr who uses Botox for neuromas?

I am also looking for a doctor in Southern california who treats Morton's neuroma with Botox.  Any suggestions appreciated,  thanks. Sally

I am suffering from a neuroma as well. If you know a Dr who used Botox, please share as I would fly anywhere. Thanks do much!

I was told by an orthopedic doctor that botox will paralyze the motor neurons, which paralyzes the muscles; however, it does not (or maybe sometimes it doesn't?) paralyze the sensory nerves. If this happens then pain can actually worsen. He said people can develop pain syndrome that is worse than the neuroma. I decided to give up on finding someone who would use Botox for my Morten's Neuroma. Any helpful information would be great because I still struggle with this limiting pain.

I would like to know what developed from your doctor's suggestion for Botox usage. I have had Morton's Neuroma for over 9 yrs. - tried most everything (injections, shoe pads, vitamins etc.) except surgery and botox.

Research has shown that surgery does not work for Morton's Neuroma.

Botox has been reported to numb the nerve area and will last for up to 4 months. At this point, I am more than willing to find a doctor that has experience with using Botox for Morton's Neuroma. I have given 9 yrs. of off and on serious pain with this Morton's Neuroma and if the only recourse is to nurse it with Botox quarterly and be pain free is very much worth it.
Please let me know your situation now. Thank you

I have done my research.  I have found a pediatrist that uses Botox for the feet.  I am making my appt. to find out if it can be used on my Morton's Neuroma.

:-)