Hello.

I will be getting Botox next week. I've heard that side effects may include loss of muscle and bladder control, or double vision, and I'm pretty scared. So I was wondering how safe is Botox procedure? Do all patients treated with Botox experience these side effects?

My advice to anyone considering Botox, don't do it. I am still recovering after 2 years, I'm convinced the toxin spread, I'm suffering with some form of botulism, I have ongoing symptoms, crippling acid reflux, muscle spasms, cluster headaches, tingling down my face & fatigue, weakness. I have been on steroids & had numerous blood tests and even gone to a allergy specialist, all tests were inconclusive, bloods were normal they seem to know little about the effects in the uk, I even tried to sue the clinic were I received the Botox, the woman closed her clinic and vanished. Please don't be naive about Botox it's dangerous anyone having problems go to the Botox support community it helped me through the toughest times and you must report any reaction you may have, we are not told the truth and it's time something was done to make people aware!

While the effects of Botox depend on where you have it done, as well as vary from person to person, the only advice anyone can give to a person who is scared of a completely elective procedure (assuming you don't need Botox for medical reasons, which also sometimes happens) is not to go ahead. Wait until you feel totally comfortable, or don't do it at all. 

Assuming you would be getting Botox to fight wrinkles - those catch up with us all. I'm about to turn 40 and lived in warm climates a large part of my life; I ain't exactly a spring chicken anymore. I wish I could get rid of my wrinkles, but not using Botox. Why? Because Botox is a toxin, and when it comes to the question of, Is Botox safe, I am really not sure!

If you have it done, you may be completely fine. Or you may not be. You won't know this in advance.