Hi All im needing help as I have been to 3 Different ENT's and 2 different doctors and still having the same problem!! Its been 5 Months now after having my tonsils out and the problem I have is After eating I get a bad food taste and smell in throat ,stinging sensation sitting behind the top of my adenoid-Soft palate area and which in affect giving me a bad headache behind my neck area! Concerned as nothing is working! doctors have given me heart burn medication for acid reflux, Nasal Drip Spray,Saline Nasal Rinser, Nasal Spray antibiotics, muscle relaxer antibiotics, Normal Antibiotics which all these work as a temp reliever but still comes back losing hope thanks

It seems to me like your tonsillectomy hasn’t gone right. I know that there are some cases where tonsillectomy is not done properly and patient has many issues later in life. Your five month is a very long period of time. I know that sometimes during the surgery surgeon can accidentally damage your taste bud and vocal cords. Have you considered of trying some herbal remedies? I know that peppermint tea is very helpful when it comes to irritations. Also you need to know that you need to drink a lot of water, at least 2 liters per day to keep your body well hydrated.

I hope that this was helpful in any way.

Nelie

Did your issues ever get better? I’m almost 5 months out and still having issues too. I’m 39 and it’s so depressing. Thanks