long story short I had a tonsillectomy because 4 Dr's said after looking at my tonsils they didn't know how I was even breathing. So I got them taken out by an E.N.T but the E.N.T also found out I have acid reflux. So the E.N.T told me that the acid reflux was causin my tonsils to get so big. But right now I'm still in pain with breathing any my ears are still sore and I got this tonsillectomy 3 moths ago , the E.N.T sent me to a G.I Dr and the G.I. Dr told me that acid reflux can't inflam my tonsils. ....so it's been a week since I saw the G.I. Dr and I'm on medication but it doesn't feel like it's helping, and before my surgery I've been having problems breathing at night I have to wake myself to breath again . So why is this all happening and how do I get rid of acid reflux?

Hi there, age 44 female. on day 8 recovery, had tonsillectomy last Thursday.

It's been pretty much awful but since yesterday I seem to be having new problems with acid reflux and wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem.  It's so bad that it feels like it's burning my throat and esophagus.  I have to sleep sitting up ....and sleep does not come easy with the heartburn Because even sitting up it is there.  I also feel like it may be effecting the rate at which I am going to heal. if it is in fact acid buildup coming back up won't the acid slow down the healing of my throat?  

I tried to wean off the codeine yesterday morning but this morning at 1 am I took a dose and was able to finally get a small amount of sleep.  

I also started taking Zantac yesterday. And began taking my probiotics again yesterday as well.  Zantac seems to offer no relief. Trying to make alkaline based smoothies to help with the heartburn....again no relief.

Have developed oral thrush, was not put on antibiotics but believe I have had it before operation because of being on too many antibiotics. It decided to rear it's ugly head and flare up because of the trauma of surgery and the clamp they use on your tongue. I am using the nystatin oral rinse 4 times a day and not sure I feel any releif with that either.. 

I am going through this awful recovery that the surgery brings and then have these added problems.

i am so frustrated, so depressed, so miserable and feel like I've made a giant mistake by getting this tonsillectomy. 

Anyone have similar problems? What did you do for it? 

Yes I am gointhrough similir sh*t and I got dry tongue and i taste sourness and I have the pain in throat . Really streesful

I'm having same problems after tonsillectomy. Terrible acid reflux.

I had tonsillectomy 2-12-18 and today will make day #4 the pin is horrible if my meds aintvtaken at the right time . Other than that i still feel pain but not as much. I’ve been choking in my sleep. So I’m constantly waking up gasping for air. And also I’ve been having hear burns