hello,

i got a cold in august with a sore throat. the dr. said it was strep. he gave me the 5 day medcine but it only help a little bit. i went to ent and he said i had a sinus infection. the mucus my throat is still there and now i have neck pain on top of that. today i took a chest xray and next i go to see the gastro dr to see if acid reflux or gerd. i use to get a funny taste in my mouth like metal now my tongue just feels funny. do u think this could be gerd or acid reflux?

It is sad to hear when you don’t get the right diagnosis and you have to wonder from doctor to doctor to find the right cause of your problem. If this is a sinus infection the antibiotics should’ve made you feel better after few days. In my opinion this is an infection. If you have excess mucus in your throat it wouldn’t be caused by acid reflux. What kind of medication have you been using to get rid of this problem? Have you considered to use some herbal remedies to get rid of the mucus in your throat? I know that some try to use ginger for acid reflux.

I hope that this was helpful in any way.

Nelie

Thanks, Nelie. This really helps so much