I am taking the liberty to start this thread for the lady who asked whether she was too young for a face lift or not, for two reasons:

• I am quite sure that I heard such treatments are available now and also that there will be readers here who know something about them.
  • To remind myself to look this up for her when I have some time (I have to go out soon, but I will be back!)

If you know anything about this, or even better have experience, please go ahead and share the right information. I am curious whether laser is a good alternative for a face lift in some people, primarily.

Here is what I found:

• Laser skin tightening treatments work by heating the collagen under the skin, which then tightens the skin above it.
  • The results are visible immediately and there is no painful recovery time, nor will you look horrible for a while after the procedure.
  • For optimal results, you will need to undergo two or three treatments. However, even after the procedure is over, the skin will still continue to tighten over the next few weeks.
  • It is suitable for people aged between 30 and 60. 
  • Laser skin tightening is FDA approved. 

Well, I have to say that this sounds incredibly hopeful. If I were in the position of needing serious skin tightening, I would be looking into this procedure very, very seriously before I would even consider a face lift at all. 

Right, something I read, yeah, is that laser skin tightening improves the tightness levels of your skin by 20 percent at most. If I'm right, that basically means that it's best for ladies who don't really have all that much sagging at all. If you're already gonna go do something like that, you wanna come out looking pretty fantastic, don't you? Aside from a face lift, which does come with recovery time, you know, people may also wanna look into other procedure like, for example, collagen remodelling. Whatever you do it's important to go into this kind of thing with both eyes open (not literally, not during the procedure, LOL) so you have a good idea what you can actually expect and not come out of it feeling disappointed and like you wasted a bunch of cash.

As a 40 something, I am also beginning to show more sagging and looseness than I would like. I have seen how face lifts are done before and I don't think I would like to subject myself to that, but if there is a treatment that is less expensive and less invasive, then I would be very interested in that at some point in the near future. I would love to hear from people who have undergone this procedure. Was it worth it, are you happy with your looks now, and what would you advise people who are interested in this procedure before they make their minds up?

Hiya,

I was wondering if you guys had heard of radiofrequency treatments for loose and sagging skin as well? Thermage is a popular one. It works not just on the face but also if you've got other issues with sagging skin, like after weight loss or pregnancy or something... but for the face, yeah, it's often combined with chin lipo for a nice finish. That's definitely something you could look into if you would like to look younger and firmer but without the risks and potential side effects of a face lift, yeah? And also the cost is about a third of what it would cost to have a face lift done, and some people are ecstatic about the results.

Thermage sounds great when you are reading about it on the official website... safe, effective, non-invasive, blablabla, but if you dig around the web a little you will actually find quite a few people, mostly those with sensitive and thin skin, who actually say it made them look older than they did before. It seems to be hugely important to have Thermage done by an experienced plastic surgeon and not just anyone because it's just not right for everyone and you want to go to someone who can honestly tell you whether or not you are a suitable candidate for this procedure.

So, this is the thread you started for me, Pink. Thank you.

I am not a lady. I am only 34. Not being called "madam" is exactly what I am hoping to achieve by doing something about the loose and prematurely aged skin that I am suffering from. It is suffering, I assure you. I avoid looking in the mirror whenever I can. I look at least 10 years, if not more, older than I am. If a less invasive treatment would help me, that would be ideal. I know I have to put my big girl panties on and make an appointment for a consultation with a plastic surgeon. No matter how much information I gather, nothing will improve until I do that.

Celebrity

In accordance with what I have been able to find, the right candidate for laser skin tightening does have fairly elastic and non-oily skin. Laser treatments for your facial skin can reduce the effects of aging, sun damage, and even some skin conditions such as melasma. In some people, laser skin treatment in fact makes the problem worse than it was before. 

As such, the only thing you can do in your situation is to make a consultation appointment with a plastic surgeon. Only they can ultimately tell you which procedure is the right one for your skin in your situation. 

Rosie

Hi! I am going to be 40 at the end of the month. I think I look pretty good for my age ;) but of course things are going south slowly but surely. I definitely do not have enough sagging to even consider a facelift, which is horrendously involved surgery where they pull your whole skin back, but I would like to find out more about laser skin tightening treatments that could just, perhaps, take a year or two off my skin! Does anyone know what the best options are and how much this would cost? Also, does it hurt at all? Thanks!