Hi everyone!

At 35, I have noticed that my skin has started showing significant changes, changes that seemingly happened overnight. The skin on my body is no longer as firm, and my face, too, seems to be acquiring some wrinkles along with just looser skin. I don't like what I am seeing but I don't want invasive and expensive surgery that will ultimately make me look like Michael Jackson either.

Are there any uninvasive treatments for wrinkles that really do work, I mean, treatments that are more than a marketing gimmick and that are actually worth getting? If you know of any and especially if you have had them yourself, I would very much like to hear from you.

Thank you!

Hi!

"Non-invasive anti-wrinkle treatments" is a debatable term. There's plenty of "non-surgical" options out there though! These are some you may like to look into more closely:

• Botox, which requires injections but is temporary and can take years off your face.
  • Chemical peels. Deeper ones, especially, can offer fairly radical results.
  • Microdermabrasion. Again non-invasive is debatable. Botox is injections, which some consider invasive, and this in turn actually takes some of your skin away. It works though.
  • Nonablative lasers are gaining in popularity now and are definitely something you will want to consider.

Hope that gives you something to investigate for now!

I think you'll find that you'll mostly want to pinpoint the areas of the face you find most problematic before looking for solutions because different treatments are used for different parts of the face. For instance, if crow's feet are the bane of your existence, botox could be a good idea. For bags under the eyes, hyaluronic acid fillers are a better bet. For double chin, there's something called Ultherapy. So perhaps if you share more about what your areas of concern are, you will be able to get more specific answers to your question that could better help you banish those wrinkles.

These are some internal remedies that make me look super young:

Diatomaceous Earth ( silica)

Remag (magnesium supplement)

MSM ( collagen)

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Celebrity

Hey,

What I am wondering is - do those treatments, which may make you feel and look great tomorrow, do any lasting damage over the years? Should we really seek to look younger and younger through artificial means? My personal answer to this question has been "no" for some time now. I use clay masks, cucumber slices, argan oil, jojoba oil, all that natural goodness, to look my best now, but I do not seek to turn back the clock because I want to respect the life stage at which I find myself. I think that this makes me look the best I can while honoring myself. These are all uninvasive treatments that yes, I think can truly help, but I would not consider microdermabrasion or laser to be uninvasive tretaments at all!

Rosie

About this Diatomaceous Earth, this is the first time I hear about that, and of course I had to do an internet search to find out more! The first page that comes up for me is a "natural healing" page, which tells me Diatomaceous Earth is basically algae remains, said to have many cosmetic applications. I read nothing to suggest that it is suitable for wrinkles in particular, any more than other good exfoliants, I have to say, so I am curious whether you have more information on this topic. I am always on the lookout for new products that will help my skin, so I am curious.

Mmmm... and MSM, that's used to "treat" arthritis, osteoporosis, muscle cramps, headaches, PMS, etc, too, right? If that's the same thing, and I've heard it suggested for wrinkles before for that matter, that's dangerous stuff in that it is not regulated at the moment and it is advised against while pregnant or breastfeeding, with oral usage actually deemed safer than applying it to the skin. In short, it's basically best to check with a doctor before ordering this online or something.