This is a spin-off thread about laser skin tightening treatment for the stomach, after another thread I started. I'm currently pregnant with my fifth child and would like to get a flat stomach afterwards! I am sure other women are in the same boat as well, so I am hoping that this thread will help others too. My question is how soon after you have your baby is laser skin tightening treatment safe or recommended? I would ideally like to have it done as soon as possible, basically as soon as lochia stops. Is there any reason to wait longer?

Well, Anna, that's a really good question and one that I just wasted a lot of time Googling to answer for you. I assume you already done the same thing for yourself and came up with pretty much the same results I got, LOL, which is pretty much nothing at all! What I did find, mind you, is a site where people ask plastic surgeons questions. There was one lady who included pictures and asked if she would benefit from skin tightening with laser treatment 'cause working out basically didn't do it for her... and the surgeon answered that yeah, he can see that working out won't cause no further improvements, yeah, but he thinks laser treatment won't cut it for her either. He recommended a tummy tuck instead. So off I went to Google that instead and I found that you need to let your body heal for at least six months before having a tummy tuck after pregnancy... hope that's helpful to you. And should you go ahead with the laser skin tightening, yeah, I assume you need to wait the same amount of time, you know? Though obviously I'm not sure. Basically get in touch with a plastic surgeon and bombard them with these questions. They'll be able to give you the info you're after here.

Thanks for your reply. I did look around and, like you, I was unable to find any concrete information about this. I do assume that this means there are no restrictions, in fact, and that I could have the laser treatment done quite soon after I give birth. However, the more I read the less sure I am that it will get me the results I would really like to have. I am also vaguely considering a tummy tuck, yes, although the thought scares me much more than laser skin tightening, because it is a serious operation with very real risks of side effects. I also assume that I will not have time to rest. I have a lot of kids and will have an infant, and my husband is on the road for work a lot. So having laser treatment does not require downtime. Even if I would have to have multiple sessions, that seems to be a good compromise.

Celebrity

Maybe not useful, but I thought I would throw it out there in case it was. Before getting laser treatment, why not try these steps, to see if it makes any difference? They will either help you prefer for laser treatment or make you realize you do not need it after all. 

1. Do not lose more than one or two pounds a week after pregnancy. Speedy weight loss may make you look great with your clothes on, but definitely contributes to the risk of flabbiness. 
  2. Use one of those skin lotions with vitamin E and collagen. This will make your skin more elastic. 
  3. Do cardio exercises, including going out for a slow jog with your baby in the stroller, three to five days a week. 
  4. Remember that you need protein for muscle. Neglecting protein intake can lead to fat build-up.

Rosie

Hi!

I am 17 weeks pregnant with my first baby right now, and I'm already really big. I apply my anti-stretch mark cream faithfully twice a day in the hope that I'll at least avoid those, and so far there are no signs of stretch marks, which makes me really happy because my sister has bad ones and they do not look good. Because I am already HUGE, what I am expecting is some sagging skin after I have the baby. I wouldn't like that very much and if laser treatment can tighten my skin, then I would really like to make use of that!!!

I am also hoping someone can give some information about how soon after you have your baby you can have this treatment done.

I had SlimLipo laser liposuction seven months after I had my last baby. Before I got to that point, I did my best to lose as much weight as I could in a responsible manner, but I still had some excess fat tissue concentrated around the abdominal area, which was bulging forwards. I also had loose sagging skin and stretch marks. My skin is a lot firmer than it was before now, most of the excess fat is gone, and believe it or not my stretch marks are not nearly as bad either any more. SlimLipo laser liposuction has been a very positive experience for me, even though it comes with mixed reviews when you go online.

I love the idea of non-surgical liposuction. I hate the thought of some scars and bruising being left over, so even if I would require more sessions to get the same result, then that is well worth it for me. I have been looking at ZERONA and really like the thought, but have heard that it only works on thinner areas of fat so I may well need to do some weight loss before this treatment can work for me. My "baby" is already six so I assume it is not too soon :). For you, they say you have to wait until your postpartum checkup before having ZERONA so that is usually six weeks.