I am a 28 year old female. I have had one child with no complications. I have had no adbnormal pap smears. I have gone annually and am not due for another for some time. I am currently on Yasmin birth control yet have not had sex for two or three months. Today, the first day of my period, I experienced a discharge of a tissue-like substance. It was not a clot or anything of the sort. I'm a rather conservative, for lack of a better word, person so I absolutely dread going to the Ob/Gyn for something that is unnecessary to be seen for. I will make a phone call to them, if this is not successful, as a last ditch effort before making an appointment. This is simply something I have never experienced and was hoping that someone had some knowledge on the subject.

Thank you.

I am 25, I have had one miscarriage about 6 months ago and have been using the NUVA Ring ever since. About 2-3 months after the miscarriage, i had a lot of tissue discharged during my period, I had an ultrasound (internal and external) which showed everything had passed through my system. Now, it's happened again...not a lot but definitely tissue. I am assuming it's because of the birth control but I would go to the doctor to see...

I am on Yasmin BC too, and the same thing happened to me! I am going to my doctor to get checked out, it scared me.

I am 27 years old. I've carried one pregnancy to terms almost nine years ago. Since then I've had 2 abortions. When I first became sexually active I was on Ortho-Tricyclen. After the first abortion I tried the patch, but reverted back to the pill because the patch irritated and tore my skin during removal. I recently gave the Nuva Ring a whirl after the 2nd abortion. I've been without BC for about 6 months now. I've seen tissue discharge for about a year now, and as with the previous responder it is most definitely not a clot. I usually see on the 1st or 2nd day of my cycle. I am concerned.

I feel the tissue comming during d 1st - 2nd day of my period too.i like to know what the caused this.

I am 16 years old, and am having a similar problem. My mother is a nurse, and explained to me that it IS tissue, coming from the walls of your 'female organs'. When you are building up hormones until the day you begin your period, they thicken the walls of said organs. If you do not become pregnant, where the walls would be used to form your child, then they will be flooded out as thick blood. The walls may, though, be removed in large chunks. I hope that helps.

I replied above to this line of "tissue" questions. A lot of us are on Nuva Ring or birth control...I think this may be a link of why this happened.