I had an abortion at a free clinic 2 months ago. I bled for over 6 weeks, started my first period since. After 2 days of bleeding I had cramping to horrible sharp pains and passed 3 very large (3" long?) blood clots yesterday and a quarter sized piece of grey/tan tissue. The person just felt me and said I should be ok but couldn't give me any information. No one I call will give me any advice, is this abnormal? I feel like it is but I don't know where to go for a second opinion!

hi the same thing happened to me, i had mine on november 27th 2011 and spot bled til 18th of january when i thought my period finally was coming because the bleeding was getting heavier. but i started soaking through tampons and my underwear and the next day passed huge clots and also this tan tissue but mine was quite large and i could have filled up a large bucket with the amount of clots... they could not find anything in the ultrasound and then 4th of jan it happened again and i had to have a blood transfusion and plasma transfusion and they still couldn't find anything except for clots so diagnosed me with an infection, thinking it was a small one that wouldn't let my uterus clean its self out properly  - they are now telling me the only thing i can do is wait and see what happens next and take my antibiotics and hope that's all it was.. and that it won't happen again.. obviously i'm terrified... i hope that you ended up being okay .. i can see this was over a year ago...  all the best!

Hi, I had

i had an abortion about 5 to 6 weeks ago i have been spotting since... i thought it was normal but i really dont know if it is since i have passed a little bit of clots during my spotting.. it happened every once in a while though.. my concern is that after these 5 to 6 weeks of abortion i started my period and the day after i passed like a tan color tissue covered in blood along with an inch clot.. now im freaked out and i dont know what to do!!! can anyone help please... is this normal after an abortion???

Any clot bigger then the size of a quarter is abnormal and should be views by a medical examiner.

The very same thing happened to me. Based on some (very anxious) research I've been doing, it seems like this is ok. Every woman's body is different. I think, especially for women a little further along, it takes time for our bodies to go back to normal. Menstruation brings cramping, and I think those cramps must push out whatever was remaining in the uterus. Anyway, that's what I seem to gather from looking through the internet.

Did you make sure you wasn't pregnant again you might of had an miscarriage

This happened to me. I took the pill and had spotting some bleeding but not a lot. 2 months later I was having a 'period' but I was in agony. The pains were coming and going, i took some pain killers but nothing helped. I tried to carry on and get through the evening but got to the point I had to call a friend to come and watch my children at 2am in the morning and go to the hospital.
Whilst in hospital the pain was un - bearable. they gave me morphine for the pain. I asked the nurse and doctor what was happening and they told me I was having bad period pains. Period pains? They must have thought I was a huge drama queen! They kept me over night and the pain stopped. The following day I went to the toilet and a big lump of tissue came out of me. I was so shocked I kept it and Took it to the doctor to confirm what it may be. When I explained everything he said that it would NOT of been the fétus I passed,as I took the pill two months ago. so, desperate for answers I asked him if he would look at this tissue or send it off to a lab or something. He looked at me in disgust and said "no I don't want to see it, and we don't do things like that." I felt humiliated and angry that he made me feel like that.

Anyway in the end I never found out what it was but it's sounds rather common with the abortion pill.

I started the contraception pill after taking the abortion pill.

Can i ask to you?

Be careful around contraception. It can increase your risk for breast cancer (the pill has been classified as a group one carcinogen.)

In exactly the same position with no answers

That's not what she asked. Go away.

Thats easy for you to say. But for some people having a child is detrimental to their health and there is no other option. Have a heart if you want to give advice to people with ACTUAL concerns after a procedure like this

So sorry you were treated that way. He was probably against abortion.