I am on the pill and i purposely skipped one period since it would have occured during my honeymoon. When i finally did get my period, I had tons of tissue come out. It wasn't like blood clots b/c it was a pink color. It was in long strands. It has happened once before a year or two ago, but i don't remember the circumstances surrounding it. I have been to the gyneocologist after the first time, I hadn't mentioned the incident but the doctor said everything was normal. Could I have had a miscarriage or what is this?

Well, I can't say what it could be but I am almost certain it is not miscarriage if you were taking your pills regularly.

I would see a doctor again if I were you just for the piece of my mind.
I have never had light clots but clots appear when periods are heavy and I suppose this one was probably heavy, so this could be an explanation.

Did you ever go back to a gynecologist to find out what this was? My friend just passed some light colored tissue today and we're kinda worried; there's a history of endometriosis in her family.

i just experienced this today and i had also skipped a week of my pill...yet my period came on time. i have been experiencing night sweats and a dull ache in my pelvic area....has anyone got an answer yet?

I am also on the pill and last month i missed my period and went to the doctor to make sure everything was ok. I've been told that I could have endometriosis but wont know for sure until I have the scope ran thru me to make a diagnosis. I started my period yesterday and had a tissue like strand in my pad. This had NEVER happened before. So I wanted to check it out on the net to see if this occured with other people. Does anyone have any answers yet???

i ran out of yasmin birth control pills and went for a month without taking any and didnt have my period that month. when i started taking pills again and got my period, a huge piece of tissue came out that seemed like the whole lining of the uterus.. triangular shaped and about 1.5 inches on each side and like a balloon with openings at each corner. not really too bloody. certainly shocking and gross but also intriguing. i feel fine so i just think it's 2 months of uterus lining that had built up and finally came out.

i had that happen to me now 2 months in a row. all because i was late taking the pack of pills by 3 days, and i think it is just lining too, im only 23 i don't want to really wrap it in a baggie and take it to the dr......i don't know.
I called the health link number here in alberta and they said it was kind of abnormal, but how many of us take it to the dr? Is it really just lining?

k this just happened to me this morning... i got my period and there were these pieces of tissue in it, like two 2cm pieces, light coloured...little freaked out but theres no pain or anything associated with it...i WAS really irregular with taking my pill for the last month and missed about three days and that seems to be common among all of us so maybe thats it? i'm only 19 haha but i DID put mine in a baggie (nasty i know) to take to the doctor so when i find something out i'll be back to post.(im in halifax N.S)

I was off birthcontrol for 6 months and went to get a Depoprovera shot the day before my period was supposed to start. My period didn't come until two weeks later and I had thick pieces of tissue come out during menstruation. Been trying to research it on the internet. Guessing it must be the lining of the uterus. Weird. If this is happening to so many of us, why isn't there more information out there about it!

ive never had this happen but it dose sound like its the built up lining..

i just started taking the pill two months ago . the first month, i didn't have my period, which is ok with me, and the second month, i didn't either, then three days into my third pack of pills, I got my period...VERY heavy. it has been very clotty, but today, accompanying the heavy clotting was a piece of tissue about four inches long and half an inch wide. it was white and similar in texture to the tough white skin you sometimes find on chicken breasts ( i know it's gross, but it's the only description i could come up with) this one was NOT just a blood clot. i've also had a lot of pain this time, more than usual, but manageable (with motrin and rest). there are times when i've felt dizzy and thrown up from the pain, this time the pain was different, i didn't feel dizzy, but i had way more pain. The last time i had a really heavy period i was under a lot of stress. It was very clotty then (no tissue tho), so I went to the doctor. she said everything looked fine and i prolly was having heavy periods due to obesity and high stress. she said she couldn't do anything for me and that i should just lose weight. should i see another doctor? Some co-workers have had similar problems and they say I should have an ultrasound. And what's with the tissue? Is it something I should worry about? its somewhat comforting to know that i'm not the only one this is happening to. isn't it funny that we aren't all just talking about heavy periods, but specifically those that come after missing periods on the pill? i guess i'm not that abnormal, still some answers besides "you're fat, you just have too many hormones" would be nice.

Oh my gosh! This was so scary! I'm only 17, this couldn't be a miscarrage, could it? I am sexually active, but we use condoms and i'm on yasmin b.c. I freaked out so much because a friend of mine told me that once she had a misscarrage and i asked her what it was like. She told me that it was kinda gross looking skin with a little line attached to it. She also said that it didn't hurt and she didn't feel it. That is exactly what happened to me! I'm freaked out, but I think it's because the birth control is stronger and my period was a week late...IDk why though... If anyone wants to answer this, please please please tell me!!!

I stopped taking my b.c pill half a year ago and restarted a month ago. I missed one pill and started my menstrual cycle. Two very large, thick skin like, gelatinous pieces of tissue came out, both about 3 inches long and two inches wide. I'm not sure if it's just hormonal or if it is endometriosis, but I hope a doctor is reading our posts and can tell us what it is.

I've had the same thing happen...only with slightly different circumstances.

I'm on the pill and started my period on time, however it started right after I took a serious hit to the abdomen by a hard groundball at softball practice. The result was a very sore and achey stomache, and a tissue-laden period that started 2 hours later. I began to have intense cramps (not necessarily worse, but just different, more "sickening" rather than "stabbing") that night and still had medium to large peices of tissue pass over night and during the next morning. None were bloody, but most were grey in color.

I doubt I miscarried, because my period was right on time. Just want to know if it was the abdominal trauma that caused this or another underlying condition.

Hi, Maybe this is a late add, but this happens to me every once in a while- a few times a year.
What my doctor has said with my case is that i wasn't getting enough estrogen (i use very low estrogen pills YAZ) and what happens is the tissue gets weak and falls away in pieces. In my case i have a separate pill with high estrogen and i take a few when it starts and it goes away for months on end. This is my case. He says its relativity normal. He also says i am in no risk of not being able to carry- its just my body getting rid of excess tissue. Hope that helps, however everyone is different.