I have weird periods normally - but the other night I was awoken by pain in my uterin area. It felt like someone was scraping out my uteris and overies with a knife. For two hours it hurt so bad. Then in the morning giant, and I mean big - about 2 inches long by 1 inch wide chunks of, I guess flesh fell out of me! What was that?

That was your endometrium. It is the lining in your uterus. After menstruation it gets really thin and over a period of 23 days or so it builds back up. It's sloughs off every period you have. It gets thick like that and is very vascular so when a women gets pregnant, the baby in the uterus has a good blood supply--the endometrium actually turns into the placenta during pregnancy.

Hope I've helped!!

--LinZ

healthfreak88 wrote:

Hope I've helped!!

--LinZ

so this is nothing bad..ive read a few things that said it was from a miscarrage? ive just started back up on birth control so maybe its just my body, its my first period back on b.c thanks for this information thou.!! i was really freaked out!

are you sure.. im 18 i have had my period sense i was 11 and i have had irregular periods some but very few lights ones but never around the same time and usually heavy and painful. i got the depo shot earlier this year[march] and didnt have my period for 2 out of the 3 months i kno thts normal but when it came i was in alot of pain and a huge chunck of pinkish white tissue came out of me after that i bled for well over a months time my doctor said sometimes tht happens and to comeback if it didnt stopin two weeks i menstrated for 2monthsand it wasnt light up but they never did anything and just assumed i was ok once it stopped until now i havent had tht problem sense but i also havent been on depo just recently got on the ortho evra patch this time i didnt have a period for 45 days and started today and another chunk big but not quite as big came out of me my doctor said it was tissue and sent out the tissue to a pathologist because hes not sure whats going on when i got home my period is litterally black not dark red or reddish brown its black and i have seen this a few times not often tho in the past. does anyone kno whats wrong with me.??

i was on orthroevara too and the exact same thing happened to me. At first i thought i was jus cramping b/c i get really bad cramps but this was alot worse i was literally crying they had to send me home i was worried that i had a miscariage. they sent the tissue out to a lab to be tested but i havent heard bac yet......

i am 16 years old ive had my period since i was 11 and tonight i checked my period and saw a triangular very fleshy thing in it it wasnt a blood clot because there was no blood in it it almost looks exactly like a tounge with the taste buds and end everything ive had it a few times before but always just let it go now im kind of worried and would really like to know what is wrong with me please HELP!

Something similar happened to me - also on Orthoevra... I see it is more common than I thought. I have been menstruating for over 25 years and this is the first time I have seen something like this. Scary.

I'm 23 started my period when I was 12...been on pill and now depo for 3 yrs and I've always had those chunks..I've been haveing colposcopys so I figured if something was wrong my doc would let me know..

Alright, relax. It was already explained. Scroll up a bit. The big chunks are normal, okay? Sometimes it just happens, some girls have this happen more often than others, and for some girls it's rare. It's nothing to worry about. I can't tell you if what you're taking has increased your chances or not, but I had the same problem and sometimes it just happens. However, the black bits, that can also be normal..but it's something to see a doctor about just in case. And those of you who have seen the doctor, calm down. You'll be just fine, you're having tests for it, you'll be told exactly what to do if there is an issue. Panicking isn't going to do you any good. Periods are weird weird things sometimes, but we have modern medicines to help us with them, so it'll be okay.

I also just got off birth control a month ago and this is my first period since then. I just took my tampon out and when I wiped there was a huge chunk of bloody tissue (sorry TMI!!!!) ..never seen that before but I'm sure it must be because I was on birth control. Maybe my lining got extra built up from being on it because I was on the kind that I only had a period every 3 months. Freaked me out! But I guess it's normal. I already took a pregnancy test so I'm sure I'm not having a miscarriage :S It really hurts though...all of a sudden it was like someone punched me in the uterus...the pain didn't come on gradually like it usually does when I have my period. aaaaaggggghhhh I love being a woman :))))

im.16 and have only had my period since i was 14. i went on the pill last month so this week is my first bleed since going on the pill and i was changing my pad before and a large tongue looking lump fell out! this has never happened to me before and i just want clearance.that this is normal an im not odd or in danger of a disease!

I am 32. I am not on any pill because "modern medicine" is there to make you sick, so they can make $$$ off you. I have been getting bloody chunks my whole period life - sometimes. Not every period. It's normal. Stay aware from meds as much as you can they mess up your natural health. Then you get cancer etc, and that's how the Big Pharma makes money off your ignorance. Stay natural! 

Same happened to me, but I haven't had my period for about 2 months because of the depo shot, and I've been having really had cramps ever since my period started. And it's been 7 days and it doesn't look like it going to go away soon, I'm only 14 and I would really like some help. Thanks

This has just happened to me! Really big, long & freaky looking Im guessing its a side effect of birth control bc I, too am on Depo.. Can't wait to get off!! Regular condoms will have to do it for me *rolls eyes*

I had the same thing happen to me, I'm only 16 aswell. have you heard anything more about it? I'm very worried.