I started my period this morning and had terrible cramping to the point I couldn't stand (which I don't usually have with my periods.) I have felt sick to my stomach for the past week have felt feverish and tired. Any way.... I was dismissing this as a stomach virus and just a bad period, until I went to the bathroom and passed a large piece of tissue. It was pink and purplish in color and NOT a clot. It didn't break apart at all like clots and was not bloody. It was about 2 inches long, an inch wide and thin. it was rubbery feeling almost. I called my doctor who said to take a pregnancy test (which was negative) then dismissed it as a clot - but I KNOW thats not what it was and really freaked out by it. Could it have been a miscarriage and the home test still have been negative?

some people never get positive pregnancy tests, i know because i am one of them. it is very possible that you could have miscarried, however if you took the tissue into your doc and he examined you and ruled it out than its possible that you just had a really, really bad period.

i miscarried two summers ago, and it was similar to what your describing. i would get checked out if i were you, because my personal thought is that tissue as large as that shouldnt pass during menstration.

i hope this helps you and best of luck.

im 19 and i have teh same thing happing to me. only i have had this goin on for a long time now an di thought it was normal i pass weird huge tissues and it hurts so bad all i cant do is stay home and cry well my parents finally called the doc today and im goin in but i have not had sex yet so i knw its not a miscarrage.

I'm having very similar symptoms. My period is extremely irregular. I've gone 7 months without one and now have a very heavy one. A result of this in my guess is the bloody thick flesh-like masses I've been passing I don't know what it is. Any help ?... .

I always pass huge "clots" (of course they're not clots at all but dead tissue that once lined your uterus in preparation for a fertilized egg).

I have extremely irregular periods as well (I won't bleed for months and then I will have very heavy, very long periods). I'm on the 3rd week (and heaviest week) of my period. I'm passing over a dozen of these "clots" daily and they can be very small to large enough to wrap around a golf-ball and very thick. I've had them plug my shower drain before, they're so thick.

Oddly enough, I don't cramp from these. It just feels gross and a little uncomfortable. I would really like to know why I have these.

Wouldn't they stop once the tissue that lined my uterus has been expelled? Why has it taken 3 weeks and they're not all gone? As big as they are and as many that pass, I would think they'd have been gone in a day or two...

i think its a disease called endometrosis have it checked by an expert ASAP