I am 31 & about a year and a half ago I had missed a period for 3 months felt bloated and just miserable. I had a tubal after my second son (at 24) so i didnt think i was pregnant but it was always in the back of my mind.I had taken 2 tests to be sure both were negative. One night while fixing dinner I had a cramp so painful I fell to my knees, when it was over i was telling my husband about it and a huge (about the size of a lemon) piece of fleshy tissue came out. I freaked out I didnt know what to think. It looked like an irregular shaped sac with a cresent shaped blood clot in the center. Looked to me like a miscarriage. I went to the ER and even the nurse said it looked like it to her. They wanted me to carry it in. The ER doc said it wasnt a miscarriage because i had no signs of being pregnant (after the exam). He said since I had no period for 3 months it was my whole uterus lining coming off at once. Told me not to worry and tossed it in the trash. I still feel a loss to this day, why i dont know. Anyone ever heard of this???? I cant find any info anywhere about it.

Hi there! I JUST had that happen to me now!!! I woke up this morning with unusually excrutiating period pain and craps, and fell to the floor and could not move, just went completely wet from sweat, and 5 minutes of this and I vomited. Then later tonight, I just went to the toilet, and felt something being discharged from my vagina, and just thought it was a huge blood clump, but it looked really unusual!!!! I had to put rubber gloves on to pic it up to see, because I got really afraid of what that could have been?? Im sure I wasnt pregnat, but I have had a miscarriage before, but no kids ever. Im 31. Anyway, it looked exactly like you explained! Like a fleshy tissue of more flesh than blood. Yack!!! Im alone, and dont know what to do? Hopefully its nothing to worry about.
Hanne

Hi again,
I went to the doctor and took with me the fleshy tissue that came out together with blood. The doctor examined me, and looked at the tissue and thought it looked like a miscarriege. He then called me a few days later to tell me my blood test showed I was not pregnant, and it could not have been a miscarriage after all. So now i am going back to the doctor to take more tests. I will also add that I am feeling lethargic, tired and sometimes dizzy and a little depressed, especially when I have had less than 10 hours sleep. My sexdrive/ libido has decreased dramaticly, from high to not at all. This might have something to do with it too?
Maybe I am anemic? I am loosing bit of weight too, just from loss of appetite. Im normally not this skinny naturally. My BMI is 16 which is quite low but not anorexic!
Does anyone know what might be wrong?
Do I get a reply here?...or is it just write and maybe you get a reply in a year if im lucky?

It was really weird and exactly what you describe, except not as big as a lemon (that sounds scary) more like a small ob tampon, and I had bad cramps last night, but nothing more than a usual period. I think this may be something that happened with the Mirena IUS? I would love to hear a doctor's thoughts.

I know your Dr. did blood teset that said you were'nt but 1've had 11 missgaridges, 10 years ago my
son made it all the way but died inside me. I had blood tests done after his death and the pregnancy hormone in my body had already gone. They told me once there is no more pregnancy the hormone leaves your system really fast, and I was still carring him when the test came back. Just thought you should know this esp. if you plan on getting pregnant in the future. Not to scare you! Many Women lose babies with out even knowing this does'nt mean it's going to be a problem for you to carry but keep it in mind.
Hang in there and good luck in the fure.

i had something like this come out of me yesterday. It really freaked me out. I am 19 years old and its about the size of a apricot pitt or something its like a lit of flesh and some blood on the outside. i am pretty sure its not a miscarriage and would really like to know what it is. Did anyone get any more information on this thing? It would be very helpful if you could share it with me.

This happened to me this mornng. I missed a pill a few days ago, so wasn't too scared when i started an unexpected period but i was concerned that for the first 2 days it was brown and bleeding very lightly. Then yesterday it turned red and quite heavy and today i woke up with a lump of very dry tissue the size of a tampon.I don't use tampons so it wasn't an old one. Please help m so scared. I havn't been sexually active in over a year so i know its not a misscarraige

Wow, these are all really helpful.. I'm 19, and when I woke up this morning, my shorts were caught between my legs rather tightly. Worried about leaking, I went to the bathroom, and was very startled when I felt something clearly passing out of my vagina. I was terrified to look, as it was out of sight, but after reading everything now, I'm sure it's not a miscarriage. I too have been suffering intense bleeding and pain for the past 4 days, unlike my usual cycles. The tissue was about the size of an OB tampon, which my doctor had told me to stop using recently.

I think the same thing is happening to me now i am a 20 year old mother of 2 my 2nd child born in June this year by c-section, i did not get my period last month but i had a few days of mucusy blood here and there i have been having cramps but not very often and they are not as painful as the ones i get when i have my period. Last night when i went to pee i wiped and i felt this huge lump of something coming out with a little bit more of mucusy blood, but it did not come out as soon as i stood up it went back up. I am scared of what it might be but after hearing all of your stories the best thing is for me to go to the doctors.
Thanks lots ill be back when i know more.

happening to me at the moment.. 2 weeks ago.. i started to get what looked like a period.. that night every 10 mins massive blood clots all night.. next day seemed to be not as often..

but that next night again. was all night to the toilet n back... i called the ambulance. they said it seems to be a miscarriage and they would like for my body to try to process it on its own, I self examined myself to find something stuck in my cervix.. they told me 'no there would not be anything stuck in your cervix.. but only about 2 hours ago.. mind you its been 2 weeks of bleeding. I went to the toilet to find a hard lump almost tampon sized. covered with whitish tissue and seemed to be like a dark clotty coloured inside as you could see it from some areas. almost threw up at the sight of it. grossed me out so bad. But i knew something was stuck... always trust ya instincts girls.. But also in the meanwhile dont self examine. as your cervix is slightly open.. any bacterias on your fingers can cause you internal infections leading to fertility issues. good luck and hope some of this information helps out in any way xx

ok so i am also 19 years old and i just had this happen to me. I know forsure it is not a miscarriage because i am a virgin. i was at work today and had very sharp pains in my stomach and i almost passed out, then a few hours later i went to the bathroom and it felt like i was passing a small amount of blood when i looked down and there was a clump of blood sitting in the toilet. i also but on plastic gloves and pulled it out bc i was so nervous. it felt like a tongue and looked like one. i had no idea what to do and called my mom. my mom said that it was sometimes happens when you get off of the pill. i had been taking the pill for a month and just got off 4 days ago. i started my period today and this happened. now that i have read all of these posts im not nervous anymore. i think it was just the built up blood and substances that lined my uterus while i was on the pill. all the posts really helped me calm down, but im sure its not a miscarriage. nothing to be scared of. our bodies just work in mysterious and sometimes not normal ways.

This happened me today at work. The last few days i've been having a brown/blood discharge. It started Brown and now it's turning red. It smells also. I went to the bathroom today because i could feel something wasn't right. When i wiped myself a tissuey/ blood clump (about the size of 50 cent) came out. At first it looked like intestines or brain (that veiny look.) I don't know what it is. Should i go to my gp?

I had an intense sharp period pain which lasted a few minutes and then passed a clear rubbery substance the size of a grape. The first one looked exactly like a 4 week old baby, no blood and the second had blood and was fleshy and looked like something from my insides like intestines. The next day I felt dizzy and weak. Rang the doc who said it could be an unfertilised sac, the sac that develops to protect the baby, only no baby grows because it hasn't been fertilised. Not sure what the fleshy bit was... maybe the uterus lining clearing after being on the pill for more months than I can count... Hope that helps.

This is helpful, but does anyone know what it actually is? Just had the same, from what I can tell, I

Hi, ok i have been waiting for my period for 8 weeks after numerous pregnancy tests & a blood test which were all negative i had pregnancy symptoms nausea and my nipples changed and became dark.. anyway i have just recently came on a period after 8 weeks of no period and i am 3 days into it, i have been having more pains than usual not particularly excruciating but painful, anyway i have just passed something the size of an egg it was fleshy/rubbery and like a brownish/pink in colour then on the other side of it was dark red with bumpy bits sorry i couldnt resist to touch it & examine it im just wondering if it was a misscarriage even tho i have had negative pregnancy tests & blood test im wondering why was my period delayed 8 weeks and what have i passed is it just uterus lining or is it a misscarriage? it didnt look like a fetus but it was larger than any clot that i have passed during any previous periods!