My father has a blood clot in a large artery in the neck. I’m so terrified because I know that it’s very dangerous because it can cause a stroke. He is worried also. Does anybody know what is the best treatment for blood clots that have developed in the neck?

As I know, treatment in this situation is consists of reducing risk of having a stroke or heart attack. Patient needs to take medications, like aspirin or other blood thinning drugs, which reduces the risk of a further blood clot forming. Also low fat diet is recommended. Sometimes surgery is necessary.

You can reduce the risk of stroke by taking blood thinner medicines like marevane, loprin, aspirin and rivarooxaban. However the patient having the potential of clot or plaque in the neck should undergo the following test to determine the exact root cuase, These test are CT Brain, MRA ( Magnetic Resonance Angiogram then you should go to your doctors along with the reports to finally decide what medicines are to be taken. Take low fat diet and avoid, spinach, brocolli and green leaf vegetables. Take fish and chicken but not red meat ( mutton , beef ). Fresh food juices are also very good for health. The amount of K pottasium sould not exceed and vitamin E should be taken.

I think you should consult a neuro physician , neurosurgeon, cardiac surgeon and a cardiologist. A panel of these doctors will give you the right way to deal with the neck clot. They will be able to decide whether to treat the clot with the medicines or carotid surgery. I personally feel that one should go for the carotid surgery to get rid of the clot for ever. however good care and regular medicines can also reduce the risk of forming the clot.

My dad had been to doctors about 3 times and AE the same .before they fun a blood clot in witch he was still ok .untill the doctor had injected medication intl him to brake blood clot up and it went straight to brain and caused him yo have a stroke .my dad is on 55 and was health as he could be .he was siting up speaking to doctor wen medication was been inserted.so cause it went to brain and caused a stroke on one side they said 5he wanted to monitor it and dne it thro a drip.in witch it went to the other side of his brain and caused a 2nd stroke .a just dnt understand how he was speaking to doctor wen he injected the medicine and the next thing a used a stroke .was just woundering if anyone has any advise on how this coulda happend or has happend to anyone thanks xc