I am so worried for my father. He is 71 years old and since he had some problems with vision we took him to the doctor who did not find any eye disorder and recommended us to do the ultrasound. The specialist said that he was seeing a decreased blood flow in the left carotid. How dangerous it is?

I suppose that the doctor already told you what might happen because of that problem. Usually symptoms like vision problems, speech difficulties, loss of strength in one side of the body etc are a clear sign of the decreased blood flow into the brain and that might lead to the stroke. Depending on the seriousness of the situation a surgery might be done.

This is potentially very dangerous (the reduced flow). It is an indication of some degree of blockage in the arterial system. Blockages can lead to strokes. Strokes can lead to death. Get the general idea?

Seek the advice of a cardiologist ASAP.