My father told me that Triamcinolone is in a class of drugs called steroids. He also told me that Triamcinolone reduces swelling and decreases the body's immune response. I guess that is why Triamcinolone is used in the treatment of many different conditions. My problem is endocrine or hormonal disorder, and my doctor recommended me this drug. Can you tell me more about this medicine, when it is exactly used, and how it works.

Triamcinolone is used when the body does not produce enough of its own steroids, common problem in hormonal diseases. It is also used to treat many immune and allergic disorders, such as allergic reactions, skin reactions, and arthritis. Triamcinolone could be used to treat and bursitis, tenosynovitis, gout, lupus, psoriasis, asthma, ulcerative colitis, multiple sclerosis, and others. Important you should know is you should not use Triamcinolone if you have a serious bacterial, viral, or fungal infection. Triamcinolone weakens the body's immune response and thus its ability to fight infection, so you should be careful. You may not be able to use Triamcinolone, or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during treatment if you have conditions such as kidney disease, liver disease, hypothyroidism, or osteoporosis. Triamcinolone may be used orally that mean by mouth, or by injection into the joint, skin, muscle, or other tissue. If you are injecting the medication at home, your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist will give you specific instructions. Important is that you do not administer an injection if you are unsure how to properly give the injection, how much to inject, or how often to inject the medication. Call your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist to give you an instruction, take care you take Triamcinolone exactly as your doctor prescribes it to you.