I know that I have been recommended a few books on triathlon training on the other site, but could some of you recommend your favorite ones here. I have one written by the woman who started the Danskin Tri Series and would like to order others.

It would be easier to have them posted here so I know where to look.

Tribob? Anyone?

Thanks :wiggle:

Tips Success-Triathlon

Triathlon 101

I ordered both of these from Amazon

rtpd gave me the Triathletes Training Bible, and Triathlon for Ordinary Mortals

All very good books

I've got the Triathletes Training Bible and it seems pretty comprehensive. Of course, I'm too lazy to put together what the bible lays out so I'm not sure what good it did me to read it.

Training Bible is great and has a new addition out; but, is not for a rookie unless you have a competitive background already.

Triathlon 101 will get you started.

Triathlon for Ordinary Mortals is good and will help design a plan if you come form one of the sports already.

Training Plans for Multisport Athletes by Gale Bernhardt is good and gives you a lot of examples on how to build a training plan.

Workouts in a Binder: Swim Workouts for Triathletes -- Gale Bernhardt is a waterproof book that provides all the different types of swim workouts you will need.

Inside Tri magazine. This has more workout features then Triathlete including a Training Bible readers digest article of what you should be doing each month.

The Ultimate Ride -- Chris Carmichael. I am currently reading this one. It is geared towards cyclists; but, the training principles are the same. I would put this in the second year category too.

To get started I would get Triathlon 101, Workouts in a Binder, and Inside Tri mag. The rest and others not mentioned can come later.

They had this book Workouts for Working People at the library. It was pretty good. Written by Mark Allen and Julie Moss.

Many Thanks to ya! I'll let you know what I order! :wavey: