Hi, I am cycling for several years already and also exercise in the gym. My very good friend who is working out with me suggested that we apply for triathlon contest which will be held for 6 months. As I have already in training I have accepted that idea so I would like to know something more about cycling part in triathlon.

As you probably know triathlon is consisted from 3 disciplines swimming, running and cycling. It is one of the hardest athletic disciplines so you will need a lot of strength to end that race. About cycling first you have to choose proper bike and mountain bike would be ideal. Be sure that you may easy step down from your bike if it would be necessary. Also get good helmet which fits correctly. Try to change your gears because you would need that when you are going uphill and downhill. Also check if your screws are tight. You would train two times weekly up to 60 minutes. In the first time avoid heavy traffic but later you will have to use to it. It would be good if you ride with someone more experienced for beginning.